Thread: Need recommendations for 308 receiver and upper

Feedback Score

Need recommendations for 308 receiver and upper

Hey there,
    So Washington state is looking at a statewide AWB. I am going to buy 20 308 pmags and want to buy a couple of matched uppers and lowers to throw in the safe for a rainy day. I'd probably get it from Ranier Arms as I am in driving distance. Other than getting pmags, it sure where to go. Likely will do a 6.5 precision build and a general purpose 308.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Aero Precisions M5's.. love them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Mega. We also offer a discount on them (and PMAG's).

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Check out Fulton Armory. They offer good, high quality gen. 1 DPMS "low" pattern receivers in sets for less than $400. I have a set sitting here waiting for more $$$ to be built up. Fulton is a well respected name in the M1, M1A arena and does a good job with their AR stuff too. Usually not the most cutting edge, but solid reliable stuff.

Don't do what I did for your first 308. I bought a cheap DPMS Oracle because of the attrative sub $800 price tag new, and while it has run flawless and was accurate out of the box, I have spent far too much money basically upgrading everything on it but the receivers. At least it was learning exp. and has given me confidence to build my own with better parts. I think I am going to put the better BCG, barrel, gas block, handguard and other stuff I bought on the Fulton receivers, and put the factory BCG, and barrel back on the dpms, since it did run well and was accurate, and use it for a beater rifle around the farm.