Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My son's 21st Birthday

Feedback Score

My son's 21st Birthday

I am super proud of my son. He turns 21 today and holly smokes, the time flown by. He is a dean's list college student who exhibits excellent traits as a man and human being. To that end I am giving him a pretty awesome birthday present today. I am posting this to brag about my boy more than anything. He is a incredibly polite, respectful, kind, generous, strong young man. He will stand up for the little guy at a moments notice. He tells the truth, stands up for his beliefs, and the beliefs of others. On top of all that he treats his mother with respect. He opens doors for ladies, pulls out their chair, and stand when they come and go. He will great you with a firm hand shake, and the words "I am delighted to meet you". He has been an very easy kid to parent, he really cares about his family and has an adventurous spirit.

I am super proud of this wonderful young man!

So with all that, he is getting a Parkerized Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special, with VZ grips. Along with that, Raven holster and magazine carriers, 3 Wilson magazines, 6 CMP magazines, a Wilson bushing wrench and 1,000 rounds of ammo.

Happy Birthday Kid!
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I turn 32 in July, where are the adoption applications?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Congrats to the both of you👍

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congrats. Now crack a beer for yourself, he wouldn't be the man he is without your influence.

Well done.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sounds like you have a stand up son and have done a great job raising him! That's a fantastic package that anyone would be proud to use, bravo! I hope I am in the same situation in 17 years with my son!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I was 21, I was shooting 1911s but was foolishly letting the slide slam forward on an empty chamber. Also, nobody had taught me the risk involved with using the thumb to lower the hammer on a loaded round. You might assist him in deciding which handling methods have less risk. Cocked and locked scares many people but it may be safer than hammer down on a loaded round even when stored but loaded. When my 1911 is a bedside pistol, I keep it loaded in a leather holster with thumb strap separating hammer and slide. Otherwise, chamber is empty.

Congratulations on the young man.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    When I was 21, I was shooting 1911s but was foolishly letting the slide slam forward on an empty chamber. Also, nobody had taught me the risk involved with using the thumb to lower the hammer on a loaded round. You might assist him in deciding which handling methods have less risk. Cocked and locked scares many people but it may be safer than hammer down on a loaded round even when stored but loaded. When my 1911 is a bedside pistol, I keep it loaded in a leather holster with thumb strap separating hammer and slide. Otherwise, chamber is empty.

Congratulations on the young man.
    williejc, you bring forward some excellent point. Thank you.
    Last edited by irondude; 02-17-17 at 10:23.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A great gift for a great young man. Congrats to you and your wife for bringing him up right and happy 21st birthday to your son.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Congrats to you and your son. I got a Colt Combat Commander on my 21st B-day.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Congrats to you both. Good kid, good job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast