Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR M-LOK late 2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    Got one in for feedback/review. FWIW, they should be dropping in October. Until then, here's some photos

That looks awesome!!! Thank you for the sneak peek!!! I can't wait for your review!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just off your impressions, is there an obvious advantage or difference between the MMR and the Geissele Mk8 and KAC URX4?

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    The bcm is a smaller diameter than the urx4. Both are more comfortable than the mk8 imho.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    Just off your impressions, is there an obvious advantage or difference between the MMR and the Geissele Mk8 and KAC URX4?
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    The bcm is a smaller diameter than the urx4. Both are more comfortable than the mk8 imho.

IIRC the MMR is also the lightest of those three.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Perhaps it's been answered, but is there any plans to sell the rail without the barrel nut for those of us who want to convert our existing KMRs over?
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    So much for them being 7075...
    For certain applications 6061 is actually better, I'm guessing this is one of those. I've built a lot of mil-spec parts for a variety of DOD contracts out of both alloys and they weld, bend and machine differently. This is why different applications call for different alloys. 7075T6 has the highest tensile strength but 6061T6 has a higher "elongation at break" value. Basically something you want to flex and bend without breaking 6061 is better. 7075 is better when you want a hole that is durable and won't deform, it's harder.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Perhaps it's been answered, but is there any plans to sell the rail without the barrel nut for those of us who want to convert our existing KMRs over?
    Wouldn't you want the barrel but so you could just swap rails and sell the kmr with the new nut?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VT RAIDER View Post
    That looks awesome!!! Thank you for the sneak peek!!! I can't wait for your review!!!

So far so good.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by titsonritz; 09-24-17 at 23:42.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    That hasn't been anything I've heard of. That doesn't mean it won't or can't happen, but I'm not sure there would be a decent enough cost savings to make it worth it. The items are all packaged, so you would be paying people to unpack and send pieces back to assembly / packaging to be repackaged again. Start adding in the low amount of people who would be interested in doing it, and I'm just not sure it is a hot idea.

Again, that doesn't mean it can't happen, or that it won't happen, just that it isn't quite as simple as saving money by buying just the rail in the eyes of the manufacturer or retailer.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast