Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR M-LOK late 2017

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Short answer: don't know.
    Long answer/speculation: The KMR is a small O.D. handguard. M-lok requires a certain amount of space for the slot and the surrounding flat for the m-lok slot. The KMR, if kept to the same overall O.D. as the Keymod version probably wont have enough room for M-lok slots/flats on the 45 degree angles. The ALG Defense EMR has M-lok at around 45 angles, but it is a larger diameter (~1.75" O.D.), and the flats are very minimal for M-lok. If you look at the slim Midwest Industries rails they just have M-lok at the 3, 6, and 9 I believe.
    The M-Lok TDP details a flat width of 0.600", which is actually smaller than KeyMod's minimum width of 0.615". An M-Lok version of the KMR will work just fine with the 45 degree interfaces.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The M-Lok TDP details a flat width of 0.600", which is actually smaller than KeyMod's minimum width of 0.615". An M-Lok version of the KMR will work just fine with the 45 degree interfaces.
    That's great information. Coincidentally, I've had a M300 mounted at 1 o'clock since your Inline Scout Mount was released, and couldn't imagine mounting it anywhere else. If BCM doesn't offer the 45 degree flats, I'd keep my magnesium rails.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Seriously?! That's an ideal spot for a light. Much better location than 3 or 9.
    Depends on the light and if you are running a BUIS on the end of the rail. Also whether mounting on left or right side and what side of the light the clamp is on. Something like Arisaka sells might be trouble free but if you have to mount a rails section to float the light you may have problems. The Picatinny tower at 12:00 will run interference with some rail/sight/light combos.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Depends on the light and if you are running a BUIS on the end of the rail. Also whether mounting on left or right side and what side of the light the clamp is on. Something like Arisaka sells might be trouble free but if you have to mount a rails section to float the light you may have problems. The Picatinny tower at 12:00 will run interference with some rail/sight/light combos.
    Yeah, adding a rail section to change the mount is dumb and may cause issues at 10:30/1:30. Several manufacturers make direct attach mounts that work in those areas so using anything else to compensate makes little sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dang, I need one of these for a spring/summer build... Love my KMRs, but I'm going Mlok with my new build....can't wait.

BTW - I've heard so many people ask for a .308 KMR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I think that BUIS mounting needs to be rethought, and a Keymod or Mlok needs to be on the top of the rail instead of picatinny. Clearance for the gas block is part of the problem. I've got a test rifle where I try different parts. I have an ALG rail with a modified Mlok on top...the profile (tube) is excellent but it has a curved non-spec Mlok because they have to make room for a picatinny to mount the BUIS on.

What I'd like to see is a rail like the ALG with Mlok (or keymod) on top, and BUIS that direct attach. It will, of course have to be standardized, Magpul could set the standard and make BUIS for it.

Feedback Score
    Handled the new picatinny rail this afternoon. Should have taken pictures but didn't think about it at the time. They have gone to extremes to lighten this bad boy up. Cutouts abound as well as a hollowed out area that runs lengthwise beneath the pic rails themselves. Looks to be very high quality, as one would expect from BCM. Felt very stout as well, the KMR in comparison feels fragile. Mounting system is identical.

This was in a local gun store so they are out in the wild.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Wait, what happened to late 2017 release?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Wait, what happened to late 2017 release?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I would assume that he meant that samples of the different rails are out in the wild.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Sounds like he is referring the quad rail version of the KMR. I saw a pic of it in the latest issue of SWAT magazine.

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast