Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR M-LOK late 2017

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
    Unfortunately, In BCM timing, late 2017 actually and most certainly means mid 2018. From inception to completion, BCM is extremely slow.
    So still not nearly as bad as Surefire timing?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    What would you call this Mark? PICKEYMOD? I am not fond of skeleton style rails but the combination of picatinny and key-mod is genius! It uses the BCM nut and hardware.
    That's called picmod. Bootleg industries, who is a sister company to PWS makes it. I have never used it but have heard good things.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I kinda knew this was going to happen, if only from a business stand point.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-about-3-to-1/
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    That's called picmod. Bootleg industries, who is a sister company to PWS makes it. I have never used it but have heard good things.

Interesting approach to making a freefloat handguard... The biggest problem (for me) with both KeyMod and M-LOK is the intrusion of the mounting hardware into the handguard's ID. If you have a big barrel or a handguard that mounts over your gas block - combined with a very narrow handguard - there are KM or M-LOK slots that are not usable.

I'm very interested to see what a pic rail KMR looks like.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's what's nice about the picmod, those areas like where the gas block is it has picatinny rail to attach to.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I would hope that it's an exact copy of the KMR but with M-LOK slots. Time will tell.
    Sadly taking measurements off my KMR I don't think Mlok will work on the 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30 positions, the rail is just too small.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I assume it will use the same barrel nut as the current KMR series, similar to the new Bootleg rails. Meaning I could complete a build if necessary with a KMR rail, then swap it out when the new variants become available. Hmmm. That definitely has me looking at picking up an Alpha more seriously.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I kinda knew this was going to happen, if only from a business stand point.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-about-3-to-1/
    That has nothing to do with it. People would be SHOCKED at how many KM KMR's BCM sells (just shocked). Paul and I have talked about MLOK KMR's for over a year now. The issue wasn't that they (BCM) were against MLOK, but that they could not keep up with their current requirements.

As things slow down (and actually go back to normal) I think we will see companies have time to breath. This leads to innovation and or variations of existing products. 2018 Shot Show should show us this.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    That has nothing to do with it. People would be SHOCKED at how many KM KMR's BCM sells (just shocked). Paul and I have talked about MLOK KMR's for over a year now. The issue wasn't that they (BCM) were against MLOK, but that they could not keep up with their current requirements.

As things slow down (and actually go back to normal) I think we will see companies have time to breath. This leads to innovation and or variations of existing products. 2018 Shot Show should show us this.

C4
    I'm sure that they do sell quite a lot, I see one just about every time I go to the range. I'm just saying that they theoretically could sell quite a lot more in the M-Lok configuration.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I'm sure that they do sell quite a lot, I see one just about every time I go to the range. I'm just saying that they theoretically could sell quite a lot more in the M-Lok configuration.
    Oh, sure. They just couldn't meet the demands with KM so there was really no reason to make MLOK.

C4

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast