Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR M-LOK late 2017

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
    Straight from the horse's (BCM) mouth:

"We have no information for public release as of this date. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook for new products and product updates!
    Thanks for your interest and support of our products"

In other words, who knows when -or if. I wanted to give them my business, but this reply pushes me to look somewhere alse.

Does anybody have an alternative to the KMR? A lightweight, solid attachment, good quality, M-Lok rail?
    I don't understand the issue you have with the response from BCM. They simply gave you an honest, up front response while including different options for you to be notified about their product updates/releases.
    Would you have been satisfied if BCM were to just blatantly lie and make up a release date just to please you like many other companies do? BCM is a great company that puts out great quality products with great customer service, and they're honest. If that's something that turns you away from them, that's a shame. If giving your business to a company that isn't always honest, and offers a lesser product, good luck. Hope it works out for you.

I know I'm not alone in my view of BCM when I can appreciate their honesty with the customer.
    I also appreciate the fact that BCM takes their time to properly test their products before releasing them to the public. Knowing their products are going to be reliable and stand up to abuse is comforting, especially when they are used on a carbine that I use on duty. Great job on BCM's part not rushing to dump products on the market that aren't tested to extremes, just to make a dollar like many others.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    If you wanna see why manufacturers don't like giving timeframes even if they may know think they know the answer, see magpuls ubr 2.0 thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are pictures of the new handguard out there. Chances BCM have scrapped it are quite low but they might be doing revisions they haven't tested or production might not be scheduled to start for awhile yet.

I'm more than happy to wait a couple of months for this vs changing barrel nut and putting a potentially inferior handguard on a rifle.
    Last edited by gunf1ghter; 08-22-17 at 00:04.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Most likely they said that to quell all the idiots they have to contend with. If the average person could see the type of emails, phone calls and other nonsense that pours in on a daily basis (on top of all the legit stuff) it would make sense.

I'll take the word of the owner of BCM as to what is happening.

Straight from the horse's (BCM) mouth:

"We have no information for public release as of this date. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook for new products and product updates!
    Thanks for your interest and support of our products"

In other words, who knows when -or if. I wanted to give them my business, but this reply pushes me to look somewhere alse.

Does anybody have an alternative to the KMR? A lightweight, solid attachment, good quality, M-Lok rail?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I appreciate the honesty and candor of BCM. And I respect the process they use to develop excellent products.

Feedback Score
    I need a rail RIGHT NOW! And a couple more soon (very soon, I hope -wishful thinking for BATFE). That's why I wanted a specific date from BCM. I hoped to get a definite month, like September, or maybe "certainly before the end of the year." I would wait a month, or two, for a quality product. As someone just said, I don't want to buy an inferior product, only to spend more money and replace it a short time later. Been there, done that.
    The problem I have with BCM is not honesty (which I appreciate, and which is one of the reasons for making them my first choice), it is the complete lack of details. I can take that cryptic sentence "We have no information for public release as of this date" to mean that it will never happen. Or will it? We're getting close to "late 2017", and I expected a more concrete date. If that's too much to ask, I don't apologize.
    What do I do now? How long do I have to wait for BCM to release it? Their answer makes me think of "vaporware"!
    As for the alternatives you guys mentioned, they are all good choices. Except none of them come in 7in and 8in, which is what I'm looking for. Apparently, quality short rails have gone the way of the dodo bird. Except for BCM KMR, but only in Key Mod. Hence the desire for the M-Lok version, which checks all the boxes. Except for availability.

Feedback Score
    As for the alternatives you guys mentioned, they are all good choices. Except none of them come in 7in and 8in, which is what I'm looking for. Apparently, quality short rails have gone the way of the dodo bird. Except for BCM KMR, but only in Key Mod. Hence the desire for the M-Lok version, which checks all the boxes. Except for availability.
    SLR comes in 7", 7.5", 8" M-LOK. Available now.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-22-17 at 15:08.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I need a rail RIGHT NOW! And a couple more soon (very soon, I hope -wishful thinking for BATFE). That's why I wanted a specific date from BCM. I hoped to get a definite month, like September, or maybe "certainly before the end of the year." I would wait a month, or two, for a quality product. As someone just said, I don't want to buy an inferior product, only to spend more money and replace it a short time later. Been there, done that.
    The problem I have with BCM is not honesty (which I appreciate, and which is one of the reasons for making them my first choice), it is the complete lack of details. I can take that cryptic sentence "We have no information for public release as of this date" to mean that it will never happen. Or will it? We're getting close to "late 2017", and I expected a more concrete date. If that's too much to ask, I don't apologize.
    What do I do now? How long do I have to wait for BCM to release it? Their answer makes me think of "vaporware"!

If you want a BCM rail right now just get the KMR, then change it out when the MLOK version comes out and sell the KMR with the barrel nut that comes with the new rail. If you need mounts and don't already have KeyMod stuff, get yourself some MI KeyMod to MLOK or KeyMod to PIC adapters so you don't have to buy a bunch stuff you don't need/want.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1. I need a rail RIGHT NOW!

2. I don't want to buy an inferior product

3. What do I do now?

4. How long do I have to wait for BCM to release it?

5. Their answer makes me think of "vaporware"!
    1. You needing a rail "right now" obviously has nothing to do with BCM.

2. Then don't.

3. Sounds more like you "want", rather than you "need".

4. If BCM didn't give you a timeline, I can tell you that you will not get an honest answer from anyone here. The people who the answers, or who already have them, aren't going to tell you. Don't confuse seeing prototype or early production pics with the product being ready to ship.

5. There is nothing in their answer which resembles vaporware, not even close. I've seen your posts before, and you aren't stupid. I can understand being frustrated, but even you can't honestly believe the answer they gave you is close to saying that.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast