Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR M-LOK late 2017

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own and use both. Never quite understood all the distaste towards Keymod. Glad to see BCM continuing to innovate, but I'm not going to rush out and switch all my actual KMRs for MLOK KMRs..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Interesting approach to making a freefloat handguard... The biggest problem (for me) with both KeyMod and M-LOK is the intrusion of the mounting hardware into the handguard's ID. If you have a big barrel or a handguard that mounts over your gas block - combined with a very narrow handguard - there are KM or M-LOK slots that are not usable.

I'm very interested to see what a pic rail KMR looks like.
    BCM keymod hardware, with the integrated reverse threaded keymod and hex screw assembly, does not intrude into the handguard's ID. Just FYI.

Below, BCM offset 1" light mount next to my SLR sentry 6 Ti. The main protrusions are actually BCM keymod panels.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 02-17-17 at 14:09.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would be all over a KMR style quad rail.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have 1 of the original KMRs and 2 KMR alphas and I like them a lot but I prefer picatinny rails. I have been wanting to try MLOK and I'll likely buy both MLOK and Picatinny if they use the same barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    BCM keymod hardware, with the integrated reverse threaded keymod and hex screw assembly, does not intrude into the handguard's ID. Just FYI.

Below, BCM offset 1" light mount next to my SLR sentry 6 Ti. The main protrusions are actually BCM keymod panels.

That's cool.

Can the BCM screw assemblies be retrofitted onto any KeyMod accessory?
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I own and use both. Never quite understood all the distaste towards Keymod. Glad to see BCM continuing to innovate, but I'm not going to rush out and switch all my actual KMRs for MLOK KMRs..
    It's easy to understand... People that are not mechanically inclined and don't follow directions are not smart enough to use KeyMod. MagPul's marketing department understands that at least half of the shooting population are dubasses and suck up the coolaid they pour. I don't blame them at all for doing what they do but in the end I prefer Keymod.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I am here. A pic version, a PMR I suppose, lol. would be the tits. Do that and a proper OD green for their furniture and I'd be on it like a fat kid on an all you can eat chinese buffet. Fast, lewd, and a little gross.
    QR? PR? 1913R? I like 1913R... But yeah, as long as it's a legitimate Picatinny rail, not the PicMod stuff (nothing wrong with it, but not what I've cursed BCM for not making), I'll be all over it. OD stuff is cool, but I'm still trying to channel my will hard enough for a run of Dissipator uppers and Gunfighter AK stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    I have 1 of the original KMRs and 2 KMR alphas and I like them a lot but I prefer picatinny rails. I have been wanting to try MLOK and I'll likely buy both MLOK and Picatinny if they use the same barrel nut.
    I have tried M-LOK several times now with Magpul polymer stuff, and I don't get the allure. A KeyMod accessory with Loctite and hand-tight plus some more seems a hell of a lot more straight forward to me than trying to find the perfect depth for two or three M-LOK nuts.

Maybe I don't understand, but that shit's way too tedious for my ape brain and toddler-like patience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    QR? PR? 1913R? I like 1913R... But yeah, as long as it's a legitimate Picatinny rail, not the PicMod stuff (nothing wrong with it, but not what I've cursed BCM for not making), I'll be all over it. OD stuff is cool, but I'm still trying to channel my will hard enough for a run of Dissipator uppers and Gunfighter AK stuff lol.

I have tried M-LOK several times now with Magpul polymer stuff, and I don't get the allure. A KeyMod accessory with Loctite and hand-tight plus some more seems a hell of a lot more straight forward to me than trying to find the perfect depth for two or three M-LOK nuts.

Maybe I don't understand, but that shit's way too tedious for my ape brain and toddler-like patience.
    There is a trick with M-Lok, but once you figure it out, it's very quick and secure. Once you get the feel, it's a good setup.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
    Unfortunately, In BCM timing, late 2017 actually and most certainly means mid 2018. From inception to completion, BCM is extremely slow.

Are you a betting man?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Really looking forward to both options. As long as they continue to use the current barrel nut design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast