Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR M-LOK late 2017

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Well that's interesting news, sounds like a player for sure.

As I said, I was genuinely curious as GFM is positioned as the dominant player.

Any names you can share that we'd know?
    Not really sure if I'm allowed to talk about it but one hINT is the company that makes the most hammer forged barrels IN THE United States

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Not really sure if I'm allowed to talk about it but one hINT is the company that makes the most hammer forged barrels IN THE United States
    Don't get yourself in trouble over it, but I'd be very interested if gfm is being displaced in this particular area.

That said, this appears to be a very well kept secret because neither the Andritz corporate site or some of the subsidiaries like Schuler mention this is being even an area of focus, much less have any specific information on rotary / radial forging and/or Barrel manufacturing.

Meanwhile, the use of gfm machines is clearly highlighted with many of the manufacturers, and even documented in videos featured in their PR.

Probably don't need to derail this thread further, but from a potential investment perspective I'd be interested if there is a sea change in this market.

I know both Remington and Winchester experimented with alternative hammer forging processes early on, but I'm pretty sure Remington went to gfm and their cold process.

FN for sure used gfm in the past. Don't know about Glock's machines.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Don't get yourself in trouble over it, but I'd be very interested if gfm is being displaced in this particular area.

That said, this appears to be a very well kept secret because neither the Andritz corporate site or some of the subsidiaries like Schuler mention this is being even an area of focus, much less have any specific information on rotary / radial forging and/or Barrel manufacturing.

Meanwhile, the use of gfm machines is clearly highlighted with many of the manufacturers, and even documented in videos featured in their PR.

Probably don't need to derail this thread further, but from a potential investment perspective I'd be interested if there is a sea change in this market.

I know both Remington and Winchester experimented with alternative hammer forging processes early on, but I'm pretty sure Remington went to gfm and their cold process.

FN for sure used gfm in the past. Don't know about Glock's machines.
    Glock uses home designed machines

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Very interesting guys, but how does this relate to BCM M-Lok?
    Last edited by SiGfever; 10-01-17 at 10:58.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Very interesting guys, but how does this relate to BCM M-Lok?
    It is very interesting, and I invite people to open a hammer forge thread in my forum here so it can cover barrels or anything else related.

In relation to the MLOK rails... its got a big fat nothing.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It is very interesting, and I invite people to open a hammer forge thread in my forum here so it can cover barrels or anything else related.

In relation to the MLOK rails... its got a big fat nothing.
    Yep apologies for the thread detour, came up in the context of what constitutes a mfg, etc.

We can get back to alloys and finishes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad I'm not the only one who is behind the times on what BCM does and does not produce in-house. It's mostly irrelevant in the end as the quality of their finished product has been and continues to be excellent.

9" and 12.5" MCMR .300BLK uppers added to the website.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Are the qrf rails out yet? They are on the website but show sold out...figure they haven’t gone live yet.
    Last edited by rushca01; 10-08-17 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who is behind the times on what BCM does and does not produce in-house. It's mostly irrelevant in the end as the quality of their finished product has been and continues to be excellent.

9" and 12.5" MCMR .300BLK uppers added to the website.

I agree 100%. The end product is what matters.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone know when these will be out? Or have they released a batch already and they’re sold out?

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast