Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR M-LOK late 2017

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    That's cool.

Can the BCM screw assemblies be retrofitted onto any KeyMod accessory?
    THAT is a good question. I honestly don't know, so I'll default to "no".
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    It's easy to understand... People that are not mechanically inclined and don't follow directions are not smart enough to use KeyMod. MagPul's marketing department understands that at least half of the shooting population are dubasses and suck up the coolaid they pour. I don't blame them at all for doing what they do but in the end I prefer Keymod.
    Agreed. I bet the same people who gorilla keymod stuff into the ground also don't have a sold mechanical zero with their chosen SD/HD load across their irons and optics.

I use blue Vibra-tite gel because it's a little easier to work with, but same end result. I have beat the shit out of my duty keymod stuff and have NEVER had one come loose when attached as you describe; hand tight plus just a smidge. Never had any slots deform, either.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 02-18-17 at 11:20.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I think the BCM quad rail is going to clean house. Now that keymod and mlok have been out for awhile, more and more poeple seem to be interested in quad rails again. I don't know if you are seeing that reflect in your sales or not, but the 1913 rail seems to be picking up steam.

Your thoughts?
    Agreed. Quad rails with smart lightening cuts are making a come back.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Agreed. Quad rails with smart lightening cuts are making a come back.
    Why is this? I never quite understood why so much 1913 rail is needed. The lightening is a good idea, the things are usually kind of hefty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I'm sure that they do sell quite a lot, I see one just about every time I go to the range. I'm just saying that they theoretically could sell quite a lot more in the M-Lok configuration.
    Where I don't disagree with diversifying, however how exactly will it increase sales, if they struggle to keep up with current demand? I said this in another thread, as people kept asking for an mlok version of a kmr, why would bcm spend time and money retooling until they can meet and exceed current demand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naverno View Post
    They really need to fix the wrench cutouts on their barrel nuts. I haven't had one that hasn't had non-stop problems with the wrench slipping off during assembly, requiring filework just to get the nut flat enough to put the rail on without marring the hell out of it.
    I have done 4 so far, and I have no idea why you had issues. Pretty straightforward and if you use steady constant torque in the correct direction, I'm not sure how it would slip.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post
    Where I don't disagree with diversifying, however how exactly will it increase sales, if they struggle to keep up with current demand? I said this in another thread, as people kept asking for an mlok version of a kmr, why would bcm spend time and money retooling until they can meet and exceed current demand.
    That was the whole point of them waiting until late 2017. They are finally getting caught up with production and ready to start rolling out new products.

Feedback Score
    Obviously, but how does it increase sales. If you are capable of manufacturing 100 kmrs a month and you sell 100, how is switching to mlok going to increase your sales if you sell all you make either way?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Obviously, but how does it increase sales. If you are capable of manufacturing 100 kmrs a month and you sell 100, how is switching to mlok going to increase your sales if you sell all you make either way?
    In his the very first post. They were swamped with backorders from pre-election but things have finally calmed down enough to start prototyping new products. They expect 2017 to be much slower and as such are able to release new products.

Feedback Score
    Do you think BCM has no desire to grow any further? If they can sell x, but there's still a market for y, they can reallocate, expand, buy another CNC machine, order more from suppliers, etc.

Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast