Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPx Knives- Experience?

Feedback Score

Cool DPx Knives- Experience?

Just picked up a couple of DPx blades that were nicely discounted, so after doin a little research found them to be a collaboration with ESSE.
    Is this correct? Brutish construction and nice thought out tool of variety. HEST and HEFT (fixed blades) by the way...

Any thoughts or experience?
    Obey Acts 2:38

Feedback Score
    Have had one for about a year, useful on camping trips, even general use around the house/ yard, good solid blade for my hiking/ overnight jaunts as well. Though my favorite is still a Mora.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    DPX and RAT Cutlery had some type of partnership/agreement back when the HEST was first made. I think there was a fixed and folding HEST? I can't remember. They went separate ways in 2010. I googled up the thread on bladeforums where it was announced. Anything made since then is separate from RAT Cutlery/ESEE.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I don't own any DPx knives, but I did get in on a preorder for a new knife they announced at last year's Blade Show. Unfortunately, they ran into some issues and the release date got pushed way back. I asked for a refund on my preorder, and they were understanding and quick with getting it back to me without issue.

Feedback Score
    I came upon 2 slightly used fixed blade H.E.S.T.s at a gun show for a total of $75 for the pair with Kydex sheaths & boxes. 1 was combo-edged FDE coated, the other was black coated plain-edge. The plan was to turn them for a quick buck, but 2 years later and they're still in the knife case. They are nice knives, take a great edge and hold up to some pretty heavy use. I'd definitely put them up against ESEE as they used the same steel at one point (1095 I believe), same blade coating type, and same grip material (micarta).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    Just picked up a couple of DPx blades that were nicely discounted, so after doin a little research found them to be a collaboration with ESSE.
    Is this correct? Brutish construction and nice thought out tool of variety. HEST and HEFT (fixed blades) by the way...

Any thoughts or experience?

I have a few of them, and love them. They are NOT all 1095, they use D2, Sleilpner (sp) and other metals. On my "Go Gear" I have two of the 6" models, one for each belt. My primary belt and blade have seen a lot of use, and I can't say enough good things about how well the 6" beast holds an edge, maintains it, and sharpens.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A few more pictures....

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I don't own any DPx knives, but I did get in on a preorder for a new knife they announced at last year's Blade Show. Unfortunately, they ran into some issues and the release date got pushed way back. I asked for a refund on my preorder, and they were understanding and quick with getting it back to me without issue.

Which blade was that?
    Stick

Feedback Score
    After further snooping, it seems that all of Pelton's designs are made by LionSteel in Northern Italy. Interesting company, but my next blades will come from Bush Monkey...
    Obey Acts 2:38

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    After further snooping, it seems that all of Pelton's designs are made by LionSteel in Northern Italy. Interesting company, but my next blades will come from Bush Monkey...
    Some are made stateside, but that doesn't change there are a lot of good things said about BM as well.
    Stick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast