Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrival: Review

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Oh yeah...and the aliens needing help in 3000 years from now thing with no development or details...also drive me nuts.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    The main character had to accept the notion of "faith." Those in the know understood they recorded 18 hours of static in an event that lasted minutes. It was hardly a cop out ending.
    Ending of Contact was solid and conclusive, which can't be said for Arrival.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Oh yeah...and the aliens needing help in 3000 years from now thing with no development or details...also drive me nuts.
    Like these aliens might actually be the bad guys...

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Arrival was one of the more memorable cinematic experiences for me in 2017. It stimulated my sci-fi sensibilities and hit emotional cords with me as well. I found it richly layered and thought-provoking making it worth additional viewings. The one theme that stuck with me was summarized when Dr. Banks asked, "If you could see your whole life from start to finish, would you change things?" I think about this quite often and it could probably be the topic of discussion for a whole new thread.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Arrival was one of the more memorable cinematic experiences for me in 2017. It stimulated my sci-fi sensibilities and hit emotional cords with me as well. I found it richly layered and thought-provoking making it worth additional viewings. The one theme that stuck with me was summarized when Dr. Banks asked, "If you could see your whole life from start to finish, would you change things?" I think about this quite often and it could probably be the topic of discussion for a whole new thread.
    I wish it had that effect on me. I had high hopes for it and cerebral sci fi a favorite when it's well done.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

One of those rare movies that I felt cheated out of my money. Both my wife and I basically hated this movie. And we are HARDCORE sci-fi junkies.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Arrival's ending was as solid and conclusive as Taxi Driver's.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123