Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appendix carry in dress clothes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Appendix carry in dress clothes

I have to wear dress slacks and button downs every day and have been able to easily conceal since it has been cold out lately.

With it warming up, I've been thinking I'm going to need a way to carry a little more unnoticeable.

I currently carry a 19 with appendix holster. My concern is that the clips will be a dead giveaway to what I have on me.

Is there a solution anyone recommends? I don't want to keep it in a bag at all.

I have been playing with some leather straps in place of the clips, but they still look out of place

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 'utili clip' seems like a pretty good option. I know a lot of holster makers are offering this now. I believe you can buy them straight from the maker as well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here's something to consider. I have one of these and have found it to work well. Normally, I never would carry IWB but this works pretty well, especially in dress slacks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have seen those Urban Carry holsters and was wondering what real world users thought of them. Sitting in a car (or just sitting) is the biggest uncomfortable issue I have with holsters. Maybe this one is worth a try.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I have seen those Urban Carry holsters and was wondering what real world users thought of them. Sitting in a car (or just sitting) is the biggest uncomfortable issue I have with holsters. Maybe this one is worth a try.
    For me, especially in my little sports car, that's been the biggest advantage. They're very well-made...nice quality leather. They get more comfortable as the leather softens with use. The magnet in the version 2 is nice in that it prevents launching the gun when you pull it up.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-17-17 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

On top of their "So hidden, it's like the footsteps of a Navy SEAL" advertising that makes me cringe like crazy every time. No thank you. For carry without the thought of actually drawing, I like the idea of a low carry holster you can sit and maneuver in.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post

On top of their "So hidden, it's like the footsteps of a Navy SEAL" advertising that makes me cringe like crazy every time. No thank you. For carry without the thought of actually drawing, I like the idea of a low carry holster you can sit and maneuver in.
    Yeah, the "footsteps" comparison is a little cringe-worthy.

As to your video, that's no longer valid. It happened occasionally with the original version, not in the current "G2" version.

I actually have one and use it. I am generally opposed to IWB carry for it's impracticality for my particular mesomorphic body type. I still prefer 4:00 OWB, but in dress clothes where I'm not wearing a jacket, this Urban Carry holster works well...far better for me than conventional IWB. But...like all holsters, different people have different expectations. Hard to propose any kind of universally optimal holster of any kind.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-17-17 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yeah, the "footsteps" comparison is a little cringe-worthy. As to your video, that happened occasionally with the original version. Not in the current "G2" version. I actually have one and use it. I am generally opposed to IWB carry for it's impracticality for my particular mesomorphic body type. I still prefer 4:00 OWB, but in dress clothes where I'm not wearing a jacket, this Urban Carry holster works well...far better for me than conventional IWB
    Yeah I can see it working for the exact uses you guys described earlier in the thread. Makes sense that it's very comfortable for sitting, and for deep concealing when you normally would not carry.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    this may be an option, I know Ted Blocker makes his LFI rig which uses a Velcro lined belt with a holster. Maybe a little experimentation and it may open up a new business for you. check out his website for the visual

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I should add WickedWillis to the title...

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast