Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Appendix carry in dress clothes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vpetrell View Post
    How would that work with the weight of the pistol not being on the belt? Would I get any sag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With a good belt, kept relatively snug, I'd imagine any "sag" would be negligible. However, I don't have first hand experience to guarantee it. If you do some reading on the pistol centric forums, you'll see users who run them behind the belt with good results. You'll even have people who use them without a belt. I looked into them about a year ago, and they seemed promising. I'll see if I can dig up some threads/videos that specifically discuss being used behind, or without, a belt.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    If you could get a j clip for a vg2, it might work very well. I carry a shield in a comp tac 2 oclock and am happy with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks everybody. This is great. Almost too many options to look at.

The uticlip has my attention so far.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks everybody. This is great. Almost too many options to look at.

The uticlip has my attention so far

The ulticlip works pretty well but it does stick out behind the belt a bit more than I like.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    have you tried wearing a phone holster that would cover the clip? When I worked in a less permissive environment I wore a tuckable single clip and would position the phone holster to cover the clip.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Almost too many options to look at.
    Yeah, that pretty much describes the world of holsters. Different guns, different clothing demands, different body types, different expectations means lots and lots of choices and it's always been a longstanding chase to find the setup that works for any one individual person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    have you tried wearing a phone holster that would cover the clip? When I worked in a less permissive environment I wore a tuckable single clip and would position the phone holster to cover the clip.
    That thought crossed my mind. The cell phone holster is not my cup of tea by any means, but would be a great way to cover the clip a little more.

Another solution I am working on is making a leather strap in place of the clip on my holster now. I am getting a leather carry belt soon and that could be a way to blend it in as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123