Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M4 vs. Aimpoint T2...which one is better, optically?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Aimpoint Comp M4 vs. Aimpoint T2...which one is better, optically?

All I am looking for is optical clarity. I know about weight, battery life, and all that jazz. I am purely interested in light transmission (does anyone have those #'s? Aimpoint markets the T2 as "having even better" light transmission than the T1...so I am sure the numbers exist...), tint, clarity of the dot, etc.

Molon did a "head shots with red dots" post a while back, and that is the kind of data I'd be interested in for the T2, or contrast of the image, etc. Something like this would be an ideal comparison, and I think explains what I'm looking to discover with this post:

Secondly, how crisp are the dots in comparison, when magnified? Is the T2's technology superior for this, or the M4?

Feedback Score
    By your pic, the T2 let's more light but the dot has better focus on the t1 though, looking with my 20/15 vision, oled 2560x1440 phone, I've had no trigger time with either though. What's the max range you plan on taking shots' ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by thik6175; 04-18-16 at 15:09. Reason: Grammar error

Feedback Score
    After a few emails with evoldiesel I suspect the difference between the two is all in the lens coatings. As explained by Jack, red dot sights are very dependant on the lens coatings to work. Those lens coatings have to allow as much light as possible through the optic, while still crisply reflecting the red LED light of the dot back to your eye. I am also told that the lens coating has a very measurable affect on battery life as well. A coating that can reflect more red light will make the surrounding image more blue/green, but the batteries will last longer because the power demands are lower.

Everything is a trade off.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is the coating thay reflects the dot inside the rds, or on the outside? I presume inside, but...?

Feedback Score
    Probably both on a multi-coated lens. The coatings to my understanding limit the amount of red light that can pass through the glass to boost the efficiency of the red dot. The coating also has the side effect of making things look blue/green since the red part of the spectrum is being filtered more.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Probably both on a multi-coated lens. The coatings to my understanding limit the amount of red light that can pass through the glass to boost the efficiency of the red dot. The coating also has the side effect of making things look blue/green since the red part of the spectrum is being filtered more.
    I guess my question is...if the outer lens is abraided/chemically destroyed, coating wise...is the dot "gone"?

Feedback Score
    I've been comparing these in person heavily as of late deciding my next one.

Looking at each one by itself you wouldn't tell the difference.

Holding them side by side goes T1 T2 M4

I didn't really even notice the blue on the t1 until I held it next to the m4 or t2

The best I've come up with its the M4 is the best all around at the cost of weight while the t1/2 is the best comprimise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
    I've been comparing these in person heavily as of late deciding my next one.

Looking at each one by itself you wouldn't tell the difference.

Holding them side by side goes T1 T2 M4

I didn't really even notice the blue on the t1 until I held it next to the m4 or t2

The best I've come up with its the M4 is the best all around at the cost of weight while the t1/2 is the best comprimise

Have you compared them through a magnifier? What is the performance gap between them? For example, is the T1=1, T2=5, M4=10, or is it T1=1, T2=9, M4=10, so to speak? (1 being baseline for T1, 10 being M4, where is the T2?)

Feedback Score

Aimpoint Comp M4 vs. Aimpoint T2...which one is better, optically?

I have only seen the pro behind a mag and there was no noticeable distortion, however I'll be looking at the Mro tomorrow, I can peek the aimpoints behind one and let you know. I'm personally not a fan of the weight of that combo.

I hear the only the T1 is distorted under magnification but don't quote me on it

Last edited by boombotz401; 04-20-16 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
    I have only seen the pro behind a mag and there was no noticeable distortion, however I'll be looking at the Mro tomorrow, I can peek the aimpoints behind one and let you know. I'm personally not a fan of the weight of that combo.

I hear the only the T1 is distorted under magnification but don't quote me on it

T2+G33 = about 15oz mounted. That's lighter than almost any 1-X variable I know of.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast