Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nightforce or Schmidt&Bender

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only real negative I have against the Vortex Gen II Razor line is the weight. Those are some PORKY optics. Like 10 oz. or more than some of their competitors. That might not seem like much but in a PRS competition or hunting trip that adds up over the match or hunt. If you're just gonna be benching it then don't worry about the weight obviously. I know you had limited your selection to NF or S&B but Vortex is right up there with them for less $. Arguably the best warranty on a scope as well.

FWIW I've got a NXS 2.5-10x42 on my DD5. Looking at both the ATACR F1 5-25 with the new Mil-C reticle or the Razor HD Gen 2 4.5-27 with the EBR-2 reticle. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my Nightforce 1-4. I previously used an optic that was similarly heavy to the Vortex, and the reduced weight feels more substantial than it is.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I don't own either scope brand, therefore I can't comment from my experience. Regardless whenever I agree with or take Larry Vickers' advice on things, I'm always open to hear his perspective. From his post (I apologize for the link if that's against site rules): http://www.vickerstactical.com/short-dot.html
    In my opinion Schmidt & Bender makes the absolute best scopes that money can buy. PERIOD. No scope company is more responsive to user needs, and the quality of the optics and execution is superb. They are very simply the finest. They are not cheap, but the best never is; you get what you pay for. Experience has taught me there are very few exceptions to that rule.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I don't own either scope brand, therefore I can't comment from my experience. Regardless whenever I agree with or take Larry Vickers' advice on things, I'm always open to hear his perspective. From his post (I apologize for the link if that's against site rules): http://www.vickerstactical.com/short-dot.html
    That is a rather old article. A lot has changed since it was written. I'd be curious to know if his mind has changed. For example, does he still think that Larue is the pennacle of mounts?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    That is a rather old article. A lot has changed since it was written. I'd be curious to know if his mind has changed. For example, does he still think that Larue is the pennacle of mounts?
    Up to a few years ago, he still spoke highly of the 1-4x Short Dot with the SFP being the smarter choice. This was about the time the VCOG debuted and we watched his demo VCOG take a dump in class. However, I'm willing to bet he would endorse the Spuhr over a Larue today.

To the OP,

http://forum.snipershide.com/forum/s...schmidt-bender

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123