Thread: Gear review: Overwatch Precision/Customs G17 Stipple and trigger work

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Gear review: Overwatch Precision/Customs G17 Stipple and trigger work

Hey guys,

I figured I'd share some custom work I had done to my G17.

IMG_2970.jpgIMG_2974.jpgIMG_2981.jpgIMG_2982.jpg

After owning a bunch of 9mm Glocks over the last decade, I felt the Gen 4 fit my small hands best, but could be better. I also preferred the grip length of the 19 but the shooting characteristics of the 17. I also felt that some grip reduction would greatly improve my shooting experience with the Glock handgun. I wasn't uh, aware of how much better it would be.

Thus I began my search for a Glock Gunsmith who could fulfill these requirements, leading me to look at the leading gunsmiths for these mods. However, most of them have obscene wait times or are overwhelmingly expensive. While I'm sure they're worth it, it just wasn't in my budget and I didn't want to wait 4-6 months if I can help it.

After days of googling and pondering my options, I stumbled upon Overwatch Customs. Jerry, formerly of GlockKraft Triggers (Now Overwatch Precision) does custom stippling work in addition to custom triggers for the Glock Platform. Their wait time was one week, and you simply could not beat their prices. I decided to take it a step further, and have the slide Cerakoted in Savage Stainless as well.

There were some delays on their end but it only took about a month for my handgun to be completed.

I requested the following be performed;

Grip chopped to accept 19 mags,
    Carry Stipple (Aggressive Front strap, less abrasive sides)
    Glove Bevel (This is worth it)
    Frame Flats Textured
    Memory Groove cut
    Trigger guard undercut
    Extreme Grip reduction
    Slide Cerakoted Savage Stainless.

Upon receiving it, I was extremely pleased to find the following;

Jerry Cerakoted the frame free of charge to a more matte Black as to match the Slide better.
    And he included a Overwatch Flat faced D.A.T trigger FOR FREE, to make up for the unseen delays.

I took it to the range, and could not be more pleased. I really dig the grip texture, and the glove bevel makes it handle like a completely different gun.

The reduced grip circumference allows me to manage recoil better, but what I didn't expect is how well the trigger performed.

I consistently shoot Glocks low left, WHO, and SHO. I know its me, but found the flat trigger and reduced grip with glove bevel basically eliminated it.

So long as I did my part, my shots landed where they we're supposed to go. My 25 yard groups reduced down by 1/3rd

With the grip chop, it also conceals much better as well.

I can't recommend them enough, I've only had custom grip work done (Bowie) by one other shop, so I'm no SME on the subject.

I'd recommend Overwatch again in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by rdm; 02-17-17 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    Ill tell ya what... those grip reductions make those things look absolutely HIDEOUS but as a fellow owner of a heavily modified 19 I can testify to how much of a difference the frame work makes. I'm glad it worked out for ya man!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRead100 View Post
    Ill tell ya what... those grip reductions make those things look absolutely HIDEOUS but as a fellow owner of a heavily modified 19 I can testify to how much of a difference the frame work makes. I'm glad it worked out for ya man!
    Thanks! It's weird, the stippling and reduction grow on you. But like you said, you can't argue with the results.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The girl is not good looking but she can cook, clean, and get you where you want to go.
    Good you got a great experience and the gun does what you expect it to do.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.