Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: John Wick - Chapter 2 : Review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    With the 1911?
    I think so. I was paying more attention to the one-handed press check.

At 8:30 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve28YRpi0WU
    Last edited by austinN4; 06-19-17 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I fell asleep somewhere in the middle. I can't seem to appreciate a good action flick like I did when I was younger.

Feedback Score
    pretty spot on my thoughts also can see some folks on some forums thinking they could be that good though
    ahhahahahahahah

I was watching while editing and I could pop my head back in and feel as if I was in the same spot same action

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The first movie was well done and a lot of fun. Chapter two is just one cheesy overly choreographed utterly improbably fight scene after another where he takes punishment no human would survive. It pushes the suspension of disbelief past it's breaking point and I found myself bored halfway through. No combat shooter gonna choose a Kimber...The supporting cast is stellar and the best part of the movie, but even they can't save this one. It's stylish to look at and action packed to be sure, but falls well short of the first one. Watch the trailers, you pretty much seen the movie... C+

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I saw it in theaters when it first came out. Pretty good action flick; it had a bit more action but the first movie had an overall better plot.

At least it is not as cheesy as the Die Hard or Mission Impossible movies.

Although it was weird that for a veteran hitman/assasin he still used a Glock and AR15; you would think he would use a H&K ,Sig, or FN rifle/pistol. But its good to see them use the M4 and Glock34 in the movie since those are widely-used guns my LE and military anyway.

The press-checks and 2-to-body-1-to-head shots are a bit overdone, but this is probably based on normal practice and standard shooting for many experienced shooters. At least its not always just single headshots like in many other action flicks. And if you were fighting multiple assailants and need to conserve a little ammo, one shot to the head will do the trick

I'd give JW2 a solid B.
    Last edited by JusticeM4; 06-26-17 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    pretty spot on my thoughts also can see some folks on some forums thinking they could be that good though
    ahhahahahahahah

I was watching while editing and I could pop my head back in and feel as if I was in the same spot same action
    Exactly how I felt. Loved how the assassin's would just come at him one at a time. Or why not kill him from a couple hundred yrds away

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    John Wick 2 reminds me of the crow coming after Johnson in Jeremiah Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I just bought it on blue ray. I like the film as well as John Wick 1. Keanu is a great actor and a good guy from what I have read but still has that "bill & ted" mentality in his acting. Plot was cheesy on both 1 & 2 but the scenes where he was wasting people were worth watching. I think they wrote the best parts first and were like, lets fill in the blanks with a generic plot. I like the sommelier scene, "id like a tasting". The director, Chad something did both John Wick films as well as V for vendetta and was originally a stunt man before directing. John Wick 3 has already been announced with the same writers, directors and Keanu.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    John Wick 3 has already been announced with the same writers, directors and Keanu.
    Also announced was a TV show based on The Continental: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/06/joh...el-1201841666/

And for fans of Barry Eisler's John Rain novels, this: http://www.indiewire.com/2014/10/how...ls-like-68807/
    Last edited by austinN4; 06-26-17 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Needs a systema on a slippery rooftop scene.

Feedback Score

John Wick - Chapter 2 : Review

I liked both movies for what they are...comic book assassin flicks with lots of action. I see them as a quasi "Kill Bill" series with guns versus swords.

I'm no Keanu Reeves fan. I hear he's a good person, but never been that enthused by his acting. I've enjoyed his drama stuff like Point Break and Matrix but again, decent action will keep me watching. And realism isn't totally necessary...

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 06-26-17 at 16:39.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast