Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: John Wick - Chapter 2 : Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I liked both movies for what they are...comic book assassin flicks with lots of action. I see them as a quasi "Kill Bill" series with guns versus swords.

I'm no Keanu Reeves fan. I hear he's a good person, but never been that enthused by his acting. I've enjoyed his drama stuff like Point Break and Matrix but again, decent action will keep me watching. And realism isn't totally necessary...

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I'm not a big fan of Keanu, I like him better than Tom Cruise or Bruise Willis. I know Cruise knows how to shoot and ride motorcycles in real life, but Willis is mostly acting.

From what I've read, Keanu is a humble guy with a humble background.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    From what I've read, Keanu is a humble guy with a humble background.
    And also knows how to shoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    So to sum this up;

Anone else notice JW wears a Tactle-neck?

That and the 1911 thing made me laugh.

In the same realm as the 1911 bit, it was good to see a realistic take on a shotgun in a modern gunfight.... especially since they gave him a semi, usually that turns into an endless unlimited-ammo blam-fest.

This is probably the best take on the movie- a "symphony of violence". You just got to take it at face value- an action flick with a barely-there story and better than average H2H and gunplay.

That being said....

I feel like both of them veered way more towards "comic book" than "gritty"- realistic, yes, gritty, no.

Assassin-bieber was just....odd, made a big deal out if her, then... nothing, really. Psycho assassin chick from part 1 was more fun...

I also got a kick out of how many hits he took to that bullet suit, and how many bruises/cracked ribs he didn't have afterwards....

However, I actually liked part 2 better. Yep. I said it.
    I feel like they did a *slightly* better job at hiding the "we put a 3-gun stage into a movie" aspect, and I actually bought into the story slightly more. Ok, the secret society/Pirates' "code of the brethren court" thing is a little over the top, BUT,at least this time JW ended up fighting opponents of similar skill, so the "threat" when doing the action scenes felt a little more real- part 1, the bad guy and his henchmen, was just a cocky d-bag and the usual cannon fodder henchmen, and that kind of ruined part 1 for me, like..,.a lot...

The "50% of NY are assassins" thing, yeah... there can't be that many folks that need killing (although...*cough*)... however, that actually worked out really well in the end, if you take it somewhat metaphorically- less there are literally that many in the organization, more *anyone* could be in the organization...

Also given this "secret society of assassins", it would have been a perfect opportunity for an Agent 47 cameo- like JW walks into the hotel bar for a drink, and 47 is sitting down the other end of the bar, he looks over at JW and is like "rough night?" Can't believe they missed that crossover....
    I think that was set up by Winston to show everyone at home that he was more than JUST a hotel owner. Everyone in the courtyard and on the trail with the benches were there to protect him if he had decided to kill JW right then and there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    I saw it in theaters when it first came out. Pretty good action flick; it had a bit more action but the first movie had an overall better plot.

At least it is not as cheesy as the Die Hard or Mission Impossible movies.

Although it was weird that for a veteran hitman/assasin he still used a Glock and AR15; you would think he would use a H&K ,Sig, or FN rifle/pistol. But its good to see them use the M4 and Glock34 in the movie since those are widely-used guns my LE and military anyway.

The press-checks and 2-to-body-1-to-head shots are a bit overdone, but this is probably based on normal practice and standard shooting for many experienced shooters. At least its not always just single headshots like in many other action flicks. And if you were fighting multiple assailants and need to conserve a little ammo, one shot to the head will do the trick

I'd give JW2 a solid B.
    Taran Tactical product placement. TTI 34, TTI 3 gun rifle, TTI M4 shotgun. The logos were very noticeable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This review of John Wick 2 is hilarious.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345