Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my SIG 320 Compact! UPDATE: FAILURES TO EXTRACT!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I went ahead and gave her a 1000 round cleaning....

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

I gave her a good bath. I used the dreaded Rem-Oil to blast her out but I gave her a coat of Wilson's Ultima Lube (that they gave me for free a few years back) to placate the Lords of Lube.

One thing that is flat-out FANTASTIC about the Sig 320 is the ease of disassembly. You can get the whole thing apart down to the components you need to clean with no drama. Once you have the module and striker assembly out you just blast it out with a compressor or aerosol and you are back in business.

After cleaning the trigger was 6.9. Again, my trigger pull gauge technique probably isn't exact enough for science.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I went ahead and gave her a 1000 round cleaning....

I gave her a good bath. I used the dreaded Rem-Oil to blast her out but I gave her a coat of Wilson's Ultima Lube (that they gave me for free a few years back) to placate the Lords of Lube.

One thing that is flat-out FANTASTIC about the Sig 320 is the ease of disassembly. You can get the whole thing apart down to the components you need to clean with no drama. Once you have the module and striker assembly out you just blast it out with a compressor or aerosol and you are back in business.

After cleaning the trigger was 6.9. Again, my trigger pull gauge technique probably isn't exact enough for science.
    Happy pistol now. Amazing how good the trigger feels being that heavy. The apex shoe made it feel lighter to me. I am amazed at how easy it is to break it down, esp. considering my last two striker guns were vp9 and fns.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Next drill for you to try is the Wilson 5x5.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I'll do that this weekend. I will do a comparison to my B92G-SD for fun.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Nice Greg. The P320 is stupid easy to clean and get to everything. Noticed that as well with ours. I consider this to be a real design benefit, because an easy to clean gun is more likely to get cleaned.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Should see how well it does with just grease. Hi temp grease. Nothing more.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In honor of Pat Rogers, I think Vagisil would be the best lube.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    In honor of Pat Rogers, I think Vagisil would be the best lube.
    God, I miss him.

In keeping with the spirit, if it locks up at the range, pee on it and see if it frees up for a bit.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Greg, does this particular gun have the little "dust shield" on the trigger that sort of seals up the trigger hole in the frame?

Feedback Score
    Greg, you already opted for 1000 round protocol. Maybe this is of interest, which I just now found in a biography of John Browning. Here's how they tested his 45 in 1911:

The Ordnance Command made the following stipulations: 6000 rounds were to be fired through each pistol under consideration. Firing was to take place in series of 100, after which the arm was to be permitted to cool for five minutes before the next series commenced. After each lOOO rounds each pistol was to be cleaned and oiled. The 6000 rounds of standard ammunition were to be followed by loads systematically deformed or made abnormal--some with bullets too deeply seated, some with bullets not seated deeply enough, and some cartridges with dented cases. Finally, the entries were to be given the rust and dust test, fired a number of rounds after being rusted with acid, and again after a sprinkling of dust through the working parts.

Don't know that you want to run malformed ammo in your P320 or dunk it in water and acid, but I thought it was an intersting trial. (According to the account, Brownings guns were the only ones to make a perfect score.)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast