Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my SIG 320 Compact! UPDATE: FAILURES TO EXTRACT!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I could sprinkle it with dust and shoot crap ammo--but I don't think these plastic guns are going to do so hot in an acid test. lol
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Update: 1726 rounds Malfunctions: 1 (Plus 1 dead primer steel round)

450 rounds today 350 rounds Monarch Steel, 50 Rounds Blazer Brass, 50 147 grain Browning (I had two boxes of this but shot 50 rounds through surpassed tacops)

* one dead primer from a round of 115 grain Monarch (steel). Primer was very deeply dented. Wish I would have thought to photograph it.

Enjoyed 450 rounds. Lots of different craziness. El Prez, Bills, 6/6/6. Lateral movement drills, transition to Carbine drills.

My steel is set up like this....

A reasonable human shaped target at 30 feet (primarily used for 6/6/6 and Bill drills...

https://youtu.be/4qJah_R43uQ

and three A zone sized steel targets at 21 feet I use for El Pres drills and some other stuff. We call these the PLATES OF TRUTH because if you blaze at them, you will miss and have to start making up an excuse fast.

https://youtu.be/vPTMjArLNVY

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Then as you can see I have a medium target at 50 yards and some chunks of steel on backstop for 100 yard shots...

https://youtu.be/c-vyBbu1br4

Ignore my form and lack of amazing speed. I am old and fat and these were basically me pushing record on my iPhone to get something on tape.

Anyway, the 320 is running great and I am still enjoying it quite a bit.

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I'm cheap, but think it's also a good choice. I use left over 5W-30 Mobile 1 from my car oil changes. There's enough in just one "throw away bottle" to lube for a LONG time.
    Synthetic.
    Anti rust and corrosion inhibitors.
    PLENTIFUL anywhere. You don't even need to buy it, just find a filling station that has left over oil bottles in the trash.
    Vern
    Former Nebraskan
    http://taurus45acp.com My web site for NRA-ILA feed and info with links.
    What ever happend to "shall not be infringed."??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsarben View Post
    I'm cheap, but think it's also a good choice. I use left over 5W-30 Mobile 1 from my car oil changes. There's enough in just one "throw away bottle" to lube for a LONG time.
    Synthetic.
    Anti rust and corrosion inhibitors.
    PLENTIFUL anywhere. You don't even need to buy it, just find a filling station that has left over oil bottles in the trash.
    I was a big fan of motor oil until I started running a suppressed SBR. It just wouldn't keep the gun running like Go Juice has.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    You know what runs gray on my suppressed fnx? Rem oil!

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I was in that big gun store that we met at a couple years ago. I handled the 320 with the smallest grip insert, wow, that thing felt really good. I can't wait for you to be done with your test and sell me your gun. LOL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    You know what runs gray on my suppressed fnx? Rem oil!
    Hey, if it works, why not.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Update: 2156 rounds Malfunctions: 2 (Plus 1 dead primer steel round)

Passed the 2k mark!! Who hoo!

430 more rounds down the pipe this week. I had an additional failure to extract with Blazer Brass. Again, this has happened before with my B92 and this very lightly loaded ammo but I still noted it. It happened about 100 rounds in and I shot about 180 rounds after that with no issue. I also shot 30 rounds of 147 HST.

I didn't hit 500 this week because I couldn't resist shooting my B92G-SD and 320 Tac-ops a bit.

Did lots of drills. Some friends of mine set up doing Bill Drills and El Prez Drills. My buddy Dan brought his P30L, another guy (coincidently) brought out his P30SK. I really enjoyed the P30Sk.

I like the 320 quite a bit, but I still enjoy the B92 more. I stand by my opinion that the B92 is easier to shoot accurately at speed than just about any gun, because heavy 9mms are the bomb-diggity.

I did a quick limp-wrist test...
    https://youtu.be/S2k0kfAHDII

And here is some fun slo-mo of the Tac-ops shot suppressed....

https://youtu.be/eUFBxDquYRQ

I am going on a trip to Israel soon so I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more crap this month....BUT I managed to Get a Surefire XC1 and a holster from KT-Mech on the way before the month started.

Once the holster is in I will transition to shooting the gun with the XC1 so it will be a test of it as well.

At this point I have fired another 1000 rounds through her so I gave her a bath...nothing special but the mags were coated with fine dirt, grass and clay. My range is pretty dry so the ground is a bed of loose clay.

Here are a few pics of wear points....

The trigger now measures 6.8-7.2 pounds. It is difficult to get a good pull.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Another FTE? Did you mistakenly use a Glock?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    LOL. I would agree but this ammo is garbage. I am trying to shoot it all up. It gives all my guns fits. Once I work my way through all the 1000s of rounds I bought of Hillpocalypse we shall see. If it ever does it with White Box, Monarch or anything else I am shooting I will start to worry.

Christopher Columbus

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast