Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my SIG 320 Compact! UPDATE: FAILURES TO EXTRACT!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the exact Blazer Brass ammunition you are having FTE's with?

I fire my P320 quite frequently and have had a few failures to fire (deeply dented primers), and a few FTE's as you've shown, all with Blazer Brass 124gr. FMJ. All other ammunition I've used in my P320 has been flawless, to include cheapo WWB 115gr.
    Seems like the definite issue is with the Blazer ammunition.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The ammunition that I've been having a problem with 115 grain Blazer brass--out of a single order of 5000 rounds. The reason I'm not as concerned as might usually be is because the ammunition has been problematic in another gun that I know to be reliable . Besides being available at a very cheap price before the election ) should've been my first clu)e , it is severely tarnished and corroded . My current theory is that the heavy, lumpy, corrosion on the rim is keeping the extractor from gripping the rim.

No other ammunition has caused a single problem--and all of this has been from the same lot.

I have zero interest in defending this gun and I no fanboy of striker fired plastic guns. I just don't think there's a real issue here--but we will see.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I'd be curious if the case rims on that ammunition are in spec dimensionally too. Corrosion on the case body will also likely cause it to be sticky in the chamber and more difficult to extract.

If you were feeling up to an experiment you could get some Flitz and polish some of the ammo in question. If you then achieved 100% function that would perhaps demonstrate that the corrosion is the issue causing the ammunition related malfunction.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recently picked up a 1K case and was thinking I should see if they have more at that price. (19 cents / round local pickup.) So far it's been awesome through my G19 and 26. (first 250) No case corrosion or discoloration observed so far.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I just finished shooting all of that ammunition . I did keep a few examples of the cases I'll take pictures of them when I get home . Pretty much every round had some corrosion on it of some sort. It was on sale for less than $10 a box delivered before the election which was a killer price then .

There may be something to your theory about the rim dimensions because the rim was pretty chewed up on all of them

And let me also note that Blazer brass purchased from my local Academy sports is not corroded and runs fine I've been shooting it for years

Like I said it's hard for me to get too worked up when the gun digests raggedy ass tula and monarch steel.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Welp, I passed the 5000 round round mark today. I went ahead and gave it a scrub in celebration.

4. The finish is not standing up all that well in my opinion. Of course, it gets a lot of draws and not cleaning it means it has a nice coat of grit between it and the Kydex holster.

I'm curious if the finish will "freshen up" with a coat of oil. DLC coatings can look grayish, dull, and even chalky when dry.

Love reading these threads, and great pictures, thanks!

Feedback Score
    It looks like it pulled right off the rim. Adding some links. when u send it in, it appears Sig actually works on the guns, not just sending them back (glock?).

http://forums.brianenos.com/index.ph...re-to-extract/

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-modular...s/56222?page=4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    I'm curious if the finish will "freshen up" with a coat of oil. DLC coatings can look grayish, dull, and even chalky when dry.

Love reading these threads, and great pictures, thanks!
    My first holster was a BladeTech that was a tight fit. Within the first 20 presentations the slide was showing wear. (Note: Mine is in FDE) Since upgrading to the G&G holster, I haven't noticed any additional wear even with many hundred presentations.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That 22LR J-frame wont give ya FTEs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My p320c eats my reloads like nobodies business. Suppressed or suppressed. Just finished another 1k. Loving this pistol.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast