Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my SIG 320 Compact! UPDATE: FAILURES TO EXTRACT!

Feedback Score
    Subscribed!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I don't care for the smell of Rem oil. I personally like Tri Flow....have for decades. I find it at the hardware stores.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Ballistol--worst gun oil funk ever
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    K-Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Clean and thoroughly lubricate the gun and then give the 2,000 round challenge a try. I'm putting my P30 through it right now. Will be at 500 rounds tomorrow. Should be done 2,000 in the next 2-3 weeks. Any modern polymer framed semi-auto from a popular and reputable manufacturer *should* have no trouble passing the challenge. It's a good indicator of how much your gun can really take and still function fine.

Metal framed handguns are more lubrication sensitive..though with a judicious coating of grease on the frame rails they tend to do okay (Sig P series, Beretta 92/6, CZ and 1911).
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-19-17 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Excited to see how yours shakes out. I would say like evey 500 rounds. Decent time between but gives the gun a fair shake. I know all the rage is to go thousands before cleaning but I feel like that can put a strain on stuff, that under normal circumstances would not be a issue. Just my humble opinion. I also dislike rem oil but you get to shoot a hell of a lot more then me. So I feel like you would know if its gtg, lovely part about us having so many options!
    Last edited by bear13; 02-19-17 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Ballistol--worst gun oil funk ever
    Ain't that the truth, good stuff but stinks like ass. I made the mistake of flushing out my handcuffs with this stuff and it stunk for two days. I was hoping my co-workers didn't think it was BO.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Excited to see how yours shakes out. I would say like evey 500 rounds. Decent time between but gives the gun a fair shake.
    I tend to agree with this. I have run several guns (P2000, HK45, etc) way past 2k without cleaning and it really isn't anything special. All you are really doing is exposing the gun to premature wear from grit and grinding.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    People still clean guns?

But, looking forward to updates, thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    I'd rather have a great pistol I clean every 500 rounds than one that shoots sloppy all the time. It's unrealistic bullshit. If a gun can fire all the ammo in your emergncy approach march load before needing a field cleaning it's gtg.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast