Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my SIG 320 Compact! UPDATE: FAILURES TO EXTRACT!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Handled all sizes and shapes of the 320C at the NRA yesterday. I'm changing my mind. Although it's a good gun, it's not going to dislodge my ghetto blaster P07 from my side. Sorry Greg, you should have sold it to me when I was hot for it. LOL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I like the 320, but I wouldn't get rid of any good gun to get it or any other plastic Glock 2.0 (vp70z 3.0?). I like to keep proficient with everything but I like DA hammer guns best these days.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I carried a P07 off duty until I was issued a P320 in 2015. I really liked the CZ. The thing I have found with the 320 is it is kind of meh until you shoot it. Also I really prefer the small grip. Its not that I care for the size but I feel like I can really get the web of my hand up under the slide. Coming from carrying a P7M13 for 7 years and the P2000 for 10 years the flat sided grips of the P07 felt natural. The P320 curved grip is definately growing on me. David

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

5056 Rounds

Welp, I passed the 5000 round round mark today. I went ahead and gave it a scrub in celebration.

1. The gun continues to have failures to extract with my enormous lot of Blazer Brass. Today was the last 150 rounds, and it had the usual malfunction. I still believe that it is solely a ammo problem since (a) I have had this malfunction in my Beretta with this lot of ammo and (b). the gun will not malfunction when I use Russian Steel, Blazer Aluminum, Fiocchi, Browning, Gold Dots, HST, etc.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

You can sort of see from the picture that the ammo has corrosion/is tarnished. It appears from the brass that two things are happening. A. the corrosion today was under the extractor claw which may have led to it failing to get a good purchase/grip on the rim. B. It seems to be very weak, and a tiny chunk of the brass is gone on both sides of the rim. I am out of this ammo and won't be shooting anymore of it through the Sig. Also, the problem has happened with both mags.

2. The XC1 didn't give me any trouble today, but I am still annoyed that I have to properly tension the battery compartment to keep it working. Bush league.

3. The inside was pretty gross, but nothing surprising.

4. The finish is not standing up all that well in my opinion. Of course, it gets a lot of draws and not cleaning it means it has a nice coat of grit between it and the Kydex holster.

5. I noticed the rubber seal on the take down lever is getting chewed up. Seems like a dumb place to put a seal.

Basically, my opinion remains that it is a decent Super Glock. I prefer it to my old VP9 and Glocks but I got rid of those guns so that isn't all that much praise.

I am probably going to be shooting steel ammo through it exclusively for the next 5000 rounds.

Today I came up with a new drill. Hackathorn always sort of poo-poo's weak handed drills. He always said you should probably just practice picking up the gun off the ground with your weak hand. So I basically started putting the gun on the ground with 6 rounds in the pipe and picked it up on the buzzer and fired 6 rounds at the steel at 21 feet. I call it the "Bill has fallen!" drill.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    This is a great thread. I personally have never had any issues with Blazer Brass in any of my handguns. Do you feel that you simply got a bad batch or do you think that it is the load in general? Also, is the issue with 115g or 124g ammo? Why do you believe that there is no issue with the aluminum case Blazer? I ask mainly because Blazer Brass has been my go to target ammo for a long time and now you have me concerned about it.

Feedback Score

Project: Break my SIG 320 Compact!

Greg, have you run that lot of Blazer through one of your other handguns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dobe; 05-09-17 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Greg, can you post the LN for that batch of Blazer? If you don't want to post it online, please PM me. Thanks!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ridiculous to think it is choking on a common commercially available ammo.

Of course, it is just a sample of one, but .... my Glocks have always shot anything I put in it. I think I could probably stuff musket balls into them and they would work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    Ridiculous to think it is choking on a common commercially available ammo.

Of course, it is just a sample of one, but .... my Glocks have always shot anything I put in it. I think I could probably stuff musket balls into them and they would work.
    I guess you missed the part where he said the ammo also caused problems in his Beretta. But, please, tell us more about your Glock.
    Last edited by TheSmiter1; 05-09-17 at 12:54.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Greg,
    I was reading this statement from your post #74 - I still believe that it is solely a ammo problem since (a) I have had this malfunction in my Beretta with this lot of ammo and (b). the gun will not malfunction when I use Russian Steel, Blazer Aluminum, Fiocchi, Browning, Gold Dots, HST, etc. - and just to make sure I am reading this right are you saying that this gun also malfunctions with Gold Dots and HST's?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast