Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6.5 Grendel barrel suggestions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As an added question. I'm looking for a barrel for an SBR. Like 11.5ish length and I'm having a hard time finding barrels that aren't $400.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Ballistic advantage just released their 12.5" barrel. With sales you can get below $250.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/12-5-i...um-barrel.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmiller View Post
    As with most things Grendel, LRRPF52 is correct.
    He is a primary reason I built my 6.5 Grendel, and I also went to him to bounce ideas off of. Very well informed, and knows his stuff.

Feedback Score
    I might be inclined to use a LaRue barrel when they become available.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    FYI: ARP 18" Grendel SPR profile barrel on deep discount at $150.

http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/38016/41932

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    X-Caliber makes excellent barrels and the performance, reviews and targets speak for themselves. I have their barrel on my 6.8 SPC II and it's superb.

Feedback Score
    Odin Works stuff is top notch. I use the 16" ultralite, and they offer a 18" and 20" DMR profile as well.

Hand lapped, SS, 1:8 twist, SAAMI spec, 1 moa guarantee. Also comes with their tunable gas block. Right around $300 retail, and can be often. Found on sale for less.

For another $100 they will throw in a NB BCG and .136 Bolt with a gas tube.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    I might be inclined to use a LaRue barrel when they become available.
    They are available now with the Stealth 2.0 builder's kit.

I got one of the Stealth 2.0 complete rifles (Mark just sent me one out of the blue), and it's an amazing rifle really.

I've been a builder since the late 1990s (the last factory AR15 I ever purchased was a Bushampster pre-ban 11.5"/5.5" FH at a little shop outside of Fort Lewis in Tacoma called Rainier Arms. I learned not to trust most companies and wanted to to all the work that I could and not leave it up to a shop monkey who was employed there because the owner's wife's nephew just got out of rehab and needed a job.

Anyway, I was worried the LaRue Grendel would be one of those rifles and I was trying to think of how to remain polite if it turned out needing me to fix a bunch of things on it.

Instead, it runs better than my personal builds that cost the same. When I say runs better, I mean it feels like the AR15 was of course meant to be chambered in this cartridge, and that cycling is so smooth, everything feels "right".

I get a lot of carrier bounce in one of my other 18" MLGS builds, so I think I need to tune my JP SCS some more to dial that down, but in the Stealth 2.0, it just hums like a well-oiled Swiss/German sewing machine.

Freaking POI with the removed and shipped separately Burris 1.5-6x MTAC scope was exactly the same as the test-fired group Mark shot with it, which is kinda scary for repeatability.

I'm truly enjoying this factory rifle a little more than I thought I should.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    They are available now with the Stealth 2.0 builder's kit.

I got one of the Stealth 2.0 complete rifles (Mark just sent me one out of the blue), and it's an amazing rifle really.

I've been a builder since the late 1990s (the last factory AR15 I ever purchased was a Bushampster pre-ban 11.5"/5.5" FH at a little shop outside of Fort Lewis in Tacoma called Rainier Arms. I learned not to trust most companies and wanted to to all the work that I could and not leave it up to a shop monkey who was employed there because the owner's wife's nephew just got out of rehab and needed a job.

Anyway, I was worried the LaRue Grendel would be one of those rifles and I was trying to think of how to remain polite if it turned out needing me to fix a bunch of things on it.

Instead, it runs better than my personal builds that cost the same. When I say runs better, I mean it feels like the AR15 was of course meant to be chambered in this cartridge, and that cycling is so smooth, everything feels "right".

I get a lot of carrier bounce in one of my other 18" MLGS builds, so I think I need to tune my JP SCS some more to dial that down, but in the Stealth 2.0, it just hums like a well-oiled Swiss/German sewing machine.

Freaking POI with the removed and shipped separately Burris 1.5-6x MTAC scope was exactly the same as the test-fired group Mark shot with it, which is kinda scary for repeatability.

I'm truly enjoying this factory rifle a little more than I thought I should.

I think the LaRue 6.5 Grendel should be submitted for this http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...irearm+Blog%29

But i digress, thanks for sharing that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123