Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    I have a Eotech xps and I came very close to returning it .... but honestly I like it.
    Temperature variation, yes I have seen it in extreme temps.
    The worst thing is battery usage....but I'm not in combat and replacing a battery is not a big deal.

The Eotech is a solid sight, it is over priced ... (my only real complaint).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just picked one up. Is it just an EOTech thing to have one dial that's nice and tactile, while the other is kinda stiff and doesn't click. It seems to track fine, holds zero, but it bothers me when I have to adjust it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    Just picked one up. Is it just an EOTech thing to have one dial that's nice and tactile, while the other is kinda stiff and doesn't click. It seems to track fine, holds zero, but it bothers me when I have to adjust it.
    I think so.

I was adjusting a bunch at quals this week. Some had a nice smooth tick, others you’d never know.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    They’re fine.

Be sure to get a riser too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have two EXPS 3’s. Never returned them and they have never failed.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I still have my XPS2-0 and I freaking love it. Big fat reticle, generous FOV, and holds battle zero just fine.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    M4C Blasphemy summed up in one picture.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    They’re fine.

Be sure to get a riser too.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Last year, I took advantage of the refund to replace my XPS2-0 for an H2. I wanted a lighter weight optic, versatile mounting options and the battery life.

After a year of strictly using Aimpoints (H1, H2 and ACO) I’m convinced I prefer the set and forget nature of them. Always on and still going strong. Now I also have a T2.

EOTech’s have their perks with a huge windows and the 65 MOA circle for easy offset references. The latter can be easily adjusted if you put your reps in.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For me, it's about astigmatism and Aimpoints just aren't useable for my eyes. I've got a 4-5 year old EXPS2 that I've thought about selling, but it just works. No zero issues, though I've never had it out in below-freezing temps, but close. I've replaced one set of batteries. I just find the reticle and FOV much more useful for my eyes. Thinking of upgrading to a AA model, but I'll probably still keep the EXPS2.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This boils down to how much compromise are you willing to accept in a HD firearm. Have never owned an Eotech because I was not willing to accept the battery life and auto shut off issues, afterwards the long list of other issues just reinforced by disdain for them. It would drive me crazy to have a sight I could not really trust on a serious use rifle and they cost too much for a range toy. Yes for me the Aimpoint dots are squiggly lines but in my experience if you focus on the target and not the dot, like you should, you will get hits even out to extended range. Here's a question for the Eotech fanboys, are you willing to load your HD firearm with questionable magazines, how about ammo? For me the "hasn't failed me yet" doesn't float because Murphy. YMMV.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast