Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    So, I'm browsing the thread and a lot of information. I've surmised the following:
    1. Eotech sights were found to have significant thermal drift. The company did not disclose this, which resulted in a law suit and an exchange/rebate program
    2. Moisture was found to be a problem in EoTech sights
    3. In cold weather, the reticle can become distorted

From what I've gathered, issue 1 is simply unfixable, as this happens with all red dot sights. It is, however, able to be mitigated somewhat. It would seem this is the primary difference between the H1/T1 and H2/T2 models from Aimpoint. I have read online that Eotech has worked on their sights and mitigated the thermal drift, but I have not seen any kind of test that confirms that they have mitigated thermal drift

I've seen many people claim, including the company, that issues 2 and 3 have been corrected. I can't say that I've found anything that tests and confirm this however.

EoTech rebranded in 2016 due to these issues.

Is that all correct?
    Issue 1 has been reportedly fixed.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I REALLY wanted to like my EOTechs, but astigmatism killed it for me. Small dots are best with my eyesight issues, so 2MOA Aimpoints are my friends!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Issue 1 has been reportedly fixed.
    Can it? I was left with the impression that thermal drift cannot be eliminated, only mitigated.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Eotech still a no-go or?

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I REALLY wanted to like my EOTechs, but astigmatism killed it for me. Small dots are best with my eyesight issues, so 2MOA Aimpoints are my friends!
    Hey WW, How is it when you use the 65 MOA ring? Not sure how or what you’re using the optic for, but that’s what the ring is there for. Inside 100m, use the ring, rather than dot. That’s why some consider it a superior CQ optic to traditional RDS optics, especially at CQB distances. I don’t hunt with one, but I have a couple. I only use the dot for initial zero. The bulk of my training or drills is done at 100and less. I’ve stretched that out and used the dot then, but it’s not the majority. Just something to consider if you haven’t already.

ETA: I think you already answered my question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 11-20-17 at 10:20.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Also have astigmatism, but glasses fixed that for me. I have purchased two of the newer eotechs (new ugly logo ) and they have been GTG. Love them on my mk18 and m4 FSP

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am still on the fence about picking one up so it looks like I have some reading to do. With the rebate ending Time is getting short to decide. I am sure if I run across a screaming BF deal I will just do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    I am still on the fence about picking one up so it looks like I have some reading to do. With the rebate ending Time is getting short to decide. I am sure if I run across a screaming BF deal I will just do it.
    That's a big reason I'm asking the questions and trying to confirm information. I like EoTech's reticle. I think it is uniquely suited to what it does and I think that we're starting to see optics manufacturers admit that it's a really good idea. It's between this or a UH-1 for use on my AR pistol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    What makes you on the fence?
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    So, I'm browsing the thread and a lot of information. I've surmised the following:
    1. Eotech sights were found to have significant thermal drift. The company did not disclose this, which resulted in a law suit and an exchange/rebate program
    2. Moisture was found to be a problem in EoTech sights
    3. In cold weather, the reticle can become distorted

From what I've gathered, issue 1 is simply unfixable, as this happens with all red dot sights. It is, however, able to be mitigated somewhat. It would seem this is the primary difference between the H1/T1 and H2/T2 models from Aimpoint. I have read online that Eotech has worked on their sights and mitigated the thermal drift, but I have not seen any kind of test that confirms that they have mitigated thermal drift

I've seen many people claim, including the company, that issues 2 and 3 have been corrected. I can't say that I've found anything that tests and confirm this however.

EoTech rebranded in 2016 due to these issues.

Is that all correct?
    Could you explain the part of your comment that I highlighted in red?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Could you explain the part of your comment that I highlighted in red?
    I've read on TOS and other places that the H1/T1 series had significant thermal drift with their sights. The H2/T2 have mitigated thermal drift. I'm guessing that Aimpoint found out about the EoTech lawsuit and worked to mitigate it in the second generation of their micro dot.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast