Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Eotech still a no-go or?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've been itching to get an XPS lately. I hope there are no smoking deals this weekend, because I shouldn't be spending money right now.
    I picked up my first one last month, after owning a lot of Aimpoints... I gotta say I don’t hate it, but it’s weird having remember to turn a optic off.

Eurooptic I found had the best deal on the for the EXPS.

Edit: ignore my Eurooptic suggestion, it looks like the price went up from what I paid, (on 4/11/18) $449, now it looks like they jumped to $536
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 05-25-18 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've been itching to get an XPS lately. I hope there are no smoking deals this weekend, because I shouldn't be spending money right now.
    OPMOD Eotech EXPS 2-0 on sale at Optics Planet for for $479. The OPMOD Eotech EXPS 2-0 (one or two-dot) is an Eotech EXPS 3-0 without night vision. Otherwise, same chassis and specs. As above, it has a lifetime warranty. Mine is 8 years old in pretty hard use and lost its nitrogen. Eotech agreed to fix it for me for free, but Optics Planet just sent me a brand new one to replace it.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/l3-eote...2-0-opmod.html

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I picked up my first Eotech last month (EXP2-0) and it is has fast become my favorite. I have been working hard on shooting with both eyes open but with this optic it is very easy. It is probably a net of 5 oz heavier than my prior set up so the additional weight is not really an issue at this point. With all the sales this weekend I would say if you are looking at one to go for it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I picked up my first one last month, after owning a lot of Aimpoints... I gotta say I don’t hate it, but it’s weird having remember to turn a optic off.

Eurooptic I found had the best deal on the for the EXPS.

Edit: ignore my Eurooptic suggestion, it looks like the price went up from what I paid, (on 4/11/18) $449, now it looks like they jumped to $536
    I'd be cautious with europtic. I ordered a EXPS3-4 from them. They have the new Logo picture on website but sent me an old 2015 model. Made me pay shipping both ways even though it clearly advertised the new version. Thankfully I had a pleasant and professional transaction with Sport Optics to get an updated version at a lower price

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcore View Post
    I'd be cautious with europtic. I ordered a EXPS3-4 from them. They have the new Logo picture on website but sent me an old 2015 model. Made me pay shipping both ways even though it clearly advertised the new version. Thankfully I had a pleasant and professional transaction with Sport Optics to get an updated version at a lower price
    Similar experience here but I was talking with them on the website chat feature and they did admit they were the older version. I had been reasearching Eotech pricing for a couple weeks at that time so they lower price seemed too good to be true. I endned up purchasing from Sport Optics and got one with a Dec ‘17 production date.

Feedback Score
    Eotech has grown on me even after the thermal drift scandal. Honestly, most of us are never going to use it at the extremes required to cause an issue anyway. And that's coming from a guy who lives in Texas...

Last edited by cbfurg; 05-28-18 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just picked up a recent one for an SBR. We'll see how it does, its an EXPS3-0.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    Similar experience here but I was talking with them on the website chat feature and they did admit they were the older version. I had been reasearching Eotech pricing for a couple weeks at that time so they lower price seemed too good to be true. I endned up purchasing from Sport Optics and got one with a Dec ‘17 production date.
    Definitely get the later production ones with the new logo as I was told by Eotech they have done various "rolling changes".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    Glad they owned up to it in chat. I conversed via email where they claimed this was the most recent shipment from eotech with a 2015 manufacture date, lol

Feedback Score
    I think it is really a matter of preference. I tried to like the Eotech system, but found the reticle to be so much clutter in my field of view. I much prefer the simplicity of the simple red dot and Aimpoint is my optic of choice. Lots of good options out there, but finally, at the end of the day, to each his own. I had just one too many problems with Eotechs, shutting off, winking out on me, and I saw guys around me using them have failures. Never saw an Aimpoint go down, but they just keep on running.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast