Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    25 yards because that's what I am limited to unless I pay or drive a long distance. Besides, that will give me POA/POI for any distance I plan on shooting. Most all my trigger time is 100 yards or less. Mostly less. That fact was another reason why I chose to get this optic over an LPV.
    Not playing 20 questions, but are you using the dot or the circle when your shooting <100?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    Why do you have it mounted on a laptop
    Because he lost his EOTech Masterrace privileges and had to mount his optic to his laptop so he could train on PowerPoint slides until he is worthy.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    25 yards because that's what I am limited to unless I pay or drive a long distance. Besides, that will give me POA/POI for any distance I plan on shooting. Most all my trigger time is 100 yards or less. Mostly less. That fact was another reason why I chose to get this optic over an LPV.
    Why not get a 50 yard compensated target (sorry, best I could come up with for wording at the moment). Shoot it from 25 but it gives you a 50 yard zero. The long distance flight trajectories of a 25 and 50 yard zero are significant. And you’ll get point of aim impacts to about 200 yards.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post

can i haz reentrance to membership with the eotech masterrace?
    Why do you have it mounted on a laptop
    I have a rare and mysterious skill that precludes me from going into missions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I plan to use the circle as the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Not playing 20 questions, but are you using the dot or the circle when your shooting <100?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Hell, I can show you how to get an EXPS for around $350 after rebate.
    I'm down. Link?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Cabela's pre-black Friday has 512s around $250 after rebate.

Yeah, I'd rather have one of the improved battery box models, but that's pretty darn cheap. Enough that I might put one on a beater/loaner carbine.

I still think I shot better even with an old borrowed 512 than I do with my aimpoints.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yesterday had 25 MPH sustained winds blowing really cold rain and wet snow, all of which was blowing over my target stand and ruining my paper target. I downloaded the target from EOtech's site while registering my EXPS3-0. Needless to say I wasn't out long and didn't zero the optic. I did have a pretty good time for the short time I was out.

Compared to my only other optic, the Aimpoint T2, the EOtech makes it so much more fun to shoot. The T2 might have a reputation as being bulletproof with hell-to-back reliability, but it's boring. It's a tube with a red dot. On the other hand, the EOtech made me smile. The FOV is excellent and the reticle makes it easy to hit targets. I set up bowling pins, 2 liters, and some gallon jugs. As I said, I didn't zero the optic but it's close. I shot (wasted) a lot of ammo but had a good time shooting on the move and quadruple tapping all my "victims".

For the most part, the EOtech holds true to the claim of being waterproof and fog proof. I picked a helluva day to break this thing in. When I brought everything in to my warm truck, there was some slight fogging on the outside of the glass but it cleared quickly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15thur View Post
    I'm down. Link?
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Not quite that cheap but close AND that's for the 2, not 3. Also, the price quoted included a now expired coupon code.

Feedback Score
    So, I'm browsing the thread and a lot of information. I've surmised the following:
    1. Eotech sights were found to have significant thermal drift. The company did not disclose this, which resulted in a law suit and an exchange/rebate program
    2. Moisture was found to be a problem in EoTech sights
    3. In cold weather, the reticle can become distorted

From what I've gathered, issue 1 is simply unfixable, as this happens with all red dot sights. It is, however, able to be mitigated somewhat. It would seem this is the primary difference between the H1/T1 and H2/T2 models from Aimpoint. I have read online that Eotech has worked on their sights and mitigated the thermal drift, but I have not seen any kind of test that confirms that they have mitigated thermal drift

I've seen many people claim, including the company, that issues 2 and 3 have been corrected. I can't say that I've found anything that tests and confirm this however.

EoTech rebranded in 2016 due to these issues.

Is that all correct?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast