Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    EOTECH lowest bidder to the US Government. Forced to recall and refund who knows how many people, including, oh yes, that's right USA Special Forces because of their crappy product.

An optic with all kinds of crap in the view of the shooter.

But hey, it's cool. It looks cool. It's what the cool guys use, why not?

Meanwhile those who know what they are doing prefer the AIMPOINT simple red dot. Put in on the target. Pull the trigger. No bullshit problems with the electronics. No batteries flaking off or optics going off.

Oh, well.
    Got both, don’t care.

Feedback Score
    EOTECH lowest bidder to the US Government. Forced to recall and refund who knows how many people, including, oh yes, that's right USA Special Forces because of their crappy product.

Meanwhile those who know what they are doing prefer the AIMPOINT simple red dot. Put in on the target. Pull the trigger. No bullshit problems with the electronics. No batteries flaking off or optics going off.

Oh, well.

Looks like someone forgot to tell CAG about Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Oh, well.
    Why are you still here? Please go back to your moms basement. Rub some lotion on that skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    So there are zero ODAs, running around with EOTechs in 2017? Please, tell me more.

...including, oh yes, that's right USA Special Forces because of their crappy product.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Oh, well.
    Your childish behavior will get you nowhere in life but makes you sound cool on the Internet.

I try not to talk in absolutes so I will say that [pretty much] everything the .gov buys is from the lowest bidder. Not to sound like a fanboy but as I read up on EOTech before buying, "forced" to recall may be a bit too strong. Complied would be more accurate. I was also a bit ashamed of a lot of people who freely admitted that they took part in the refund process that had zero issues or complaints with their EOTech but did so just because they could.

Everything else you said is uneducated. The buttons on the EXPS have been moved to the side, so the only crap I see is a result of the stellar FOV I quickly learned to prefer over the Aimpoint. Time will tell but all the electronics have been updated, so all the other "issues" you speak of are (to use your words) bullshit. Today called. It asked me to tell you to catch up.

Right now, if I had to sell my Aimpoint or the EOTech, I'd sell the Aimpoint. I MUCH prefer the FOV and reticle of the EOTech.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    So there are zero ODAs, running around with EOTechs in 2017? Please, tell me more.
    No, they got new stuff so they gave them all to the Marines, who are busy trying use their non-edible crayons to draw the circle due to supply "losing" batteries

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

A dot that is used to zero
    A ring that is used to target. Training, muscle memory, the dot isn’t even a factor, leaving the large circle.
    That’s “all kinds of crap”??

Nothing complicated about that. The EOTech isn’t filled the one filled with crap. You? Hmmm..

Meanwhile those who know what they are doing prefer the AIMPOINT simple red dot. Put in on the target. Pull the trigger.
    Oh, well.
    By cool guys do you mean SOCOM soldiers?

You actually believe they use the EOTech because it looks cool? Oh wait no... it’s because it was the cheapest optic.

What is this based on? Is that what the guys in your unit are using? You must be something super secret squirrel to know more than our SOF guys. So what were you? SOG??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
    I think the "fix" for the drift issue was just replacing the internal mirror backings with metal instead of plastic. That's a known issue for a long time according to some former employee. EOTech is working on a new design but that won't be done for at least another year.
    Guess I'll wait and see then. Was thinking about giving an XPS3-0 or EXPS3-0 a shot.
    Last edited by Falar; 12-04-17 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Do it. Despite the errornet, they're great.

Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    Guess I'll wait and see then. Was thinking about giving an XPS3-0 or EXPS3-0 a shot.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just did a Pat Mac course this week. Eotechs were plentiful. Including one of his guns.

New and old. No problems from any of them.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast