Thread: Beretta 92 series original G model vs. factory G conversion...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Beretta 92 series original G model vs. factory G conversion...

I watched Mr. Guns N Gear's video on the Beretta factory G conversion. Very interesting.

I noticed that it appeared the conversion requires and is driven by a spring in the drum on the right side of the slide.

I would prefer a lever on the left side only. With the conversion, other than cutting off the lever (which I could consider), this appears impossible. Additionally the drum protrudes somewhat, which I don't prefer.

MY QUESTION: Does a factory original 92G operate differently such that it would be possible to have a left side only lever and or that the right side drum would protrude less. In other words is there any point or benefit to seeking out a 92G as opposed to converting the 92FS I already have?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

TED

Feedback Score
    There is a Wilson Combat Standard (Single) Lever De-Cocker for G Conversion at http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...oductinfo/637/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    There is a Wilson Combat Standard (Single) Lever De-Cocker for G Conversion at http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...oductinfo/637/
    That is for the Wilson gunsmithing required conversion not the factory no gunsmithing conversion. That's a few hundred bucks almost there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as looking for a G vs converting yourself, I'd convert it myself.. I converted my Inox Vertec and never looked back. I mean, for $50 and 10 minutes time how can you go wrong? Sure, I understand the right side lever sticks out, but if you want a Wilson lever that's going to cost about $150 for them to do it, plus shipping. and God knows when you'll get it back, I'll did it myself, and saved about $150, and my pistol never left the house...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    As far as looking for a G vs converting yourself, I'd convert it myself.. I converted my Inox Vertec and never looked back. I mean, for $50 and 10 minutes time how can you go wrong? Sure, I understand the right side lever sticks out, but if you want a Wilson lever that's going to cost about $150 for them to do it, plus shipping. and God knows when you'll get it back, I'll did it myself, and saved about $150, and my pistol never left the house...
    Same here
    Brian
    IDPA #A22224
    Navy "Lifer" 23 years., the polar opposite of "Operator"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Any links on how to do this?

Feedback Score

Beretta 92 series original G model vs. factory G conversion...

I did a YouTube search Mr. guns and gear also did one
    https://youtu.be/hw21jjWZHZo
    This is the method I used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mx5rcr; 02-25-17 at 11:15.
    Brian
    IDPA #A22224
    Navy "Lifer" 23 years., the polar opposite of "Operator"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    Any links on how to do this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go to youtube, and see if you can find vids by mosin virius, He does a G conversion that IMO, is much easier than the mr guns n gear vid. That's the vid I used when installing mine, and I had it installed, in10 minutes. The mosin virius video requires you to take out the firing pin block, and that's a extra step, but it's easier to work with when it's out.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for this, worked on mine.