Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metal Glock mags for increased capacity flush fit mags adn better reliability...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJx View Post
    The early mags just didn't just bulge and not drop free. Here are a couple of mine after leaving them loaded for a extended period of time.

Attachment 44132
    What year were those magazines manufactured?

Feedback Score
    I don't know that metal mags are the answer, but I'd personally like to see Glock (or Magpul ) come out with a 15 round G21 mag. Maybe a +2/3 floorplate that would work on .45 and 10MM mags...

Come on Glock....you gonna let FN have the only 15 round .45? (No disrespect meant to FNX .45's...love them too!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I probably have 20 G17 mags that I have put 10000 rounds through in competition alone. I have never once had an issue with any of them and other than wiping down the outside of them have never performed any maintenance on them.

OP, I did a cursory google search and found a litany of companies manufacturing magazine extensions for the Glock 21, etc....

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/base-pad-kit-for-glock-45/

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-extension/fits-glock-20-21-10mm-45acp-high-cap-magazines-2-sku092000004-71324-5272.aspx

This is a terrible thread.
    Last edited by CPM; 02-22-17 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    What year were those magazines manufactured?
    They were bought not too long before the '94 ban.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    This is seriously a thread?

Feedback Score
    Folks in the gun world HATE changing the status quo. Nearly everything is regarded as a horrible idea until someone makes the damned thing and proves it one way or the other. Sometimes I wonder where we'd be if the gun community was more receptive to new ideas.

Feedback Score
    This is not a new idea. The idea of metal glock mags (and corresponding metal mag release because a plastic one would get chewed up) has been around a long time. I do agree it doesn't seem to be a very popular idea. There must be a reason the idea hasn't taken off. One argument I've heard in the past is that the plastic covered metal mags from Glock are more durable because of the plastic coating.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I actually thought that they did, but a quick search pulled up nothing which was why I didn't mention it myself. Me personally, seeing anything labeled promag means run away, run away quickly, and trample those who are slow when it comes to mags. So I wouldn't have touched them with the OP's dick tied to a 40 foot pole hung off the bow of the Enterprise. No offense OP.
    I know I saw them in a gun shop back in the 90s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I don't know that metal mags are the answer, but I'd personally like to see Glock (or Magpul ) come out with a 15 round G21 mag. Maybe a +2/3 floorplate that would work on .45 and 10MM mags...

Come on Glock....you gonna let FN have the only 15 round .45? (No disrespect meant to FNX .45's...love them too!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As some who is interested in potentially picking up a Kriss Vector in .45, I approve this message.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    As some who is interested in potentially picking up a Kriss Vector in .45, I approve this message.
    Got mine a couple weeks ago.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast