Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best m1a chassis?

Feedback Score
    As an M1A owner, and fan boy.........buy or build something else. The cost to get these things to shoot with AR's or other more modern rifles can be borderline ridiculous, and the weight,+ piss poor ergonomics many of these chassis adds is down right miserable to deal with.

I love my M1A, but I keep it in standard GI configuration, and enjoy it for what it is. A reminder of days gone by. It's my favorite rifle, but not for reasons that make any sense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    There are 4 of them on gunbroker for $1099

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I've seen them on there as well, just curious if that is the only option in getting that chassis, meaning that they are no longer in production?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    I've seen them on there as well, just curious if that is the only option in getting that chassis, meaning that they are no longer in production?
    I am not sure.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If pistol grip and collapsible stock is what you want, put a newer vltor or ag composites cbr at the top of your list. Way lighter than the sage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My experience is about a decade plus out of date, so keep that in mind. Back at that time I remember feeling strongly that the VLTOR was the best option for weight vs. features. BTW, many people do not realize that the telestock tube on the VLTOR is adjustable for height at the point where it meets the receiver. Additionally, as I recall, the VLTOR telestock tube had watertight storage (since no AR spring was in there). Also, IIRC there was available a pic rail mount that goes in the front of the stock near or in place of where the sling mount went that was pretty helpful.

TED

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123