Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the low end revolvers?

Feedback Score

Who makes the low end revolvers?

Hi All
    Who makes the lower end revolvers and which ones are worth having? I know there is Taurus and Rossi. Someone from the Philippines makes one as I recall.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcarbine View Post
    lower end revolvers and which ones are worth having?
    None.

There's Charter Arms but I don't know if it's low end or just utilitarian

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rock Island is the one from the Philippines that you mentioned, and it's junk.
    North American is another one. They seem to focus on pocket revolvers chambered in 22wmr.
    Last edited by TexHill; 02-21-17 at 08:56.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not really sure what you're looking for... for example, Ruger and Colt make some fantastic revolvers. On the used market you can get either for cheap. Even new, some of them are roughly the price of a Glock or less, depending on where you look. My Ruger SP101 is the cheapest basic gun I own, and it's built like a tank.

Why are you looking low end?
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 02-21-17 at 09:02.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What are you considering low end? Price wise?

If you're mil/leo S&W 642s can be had for awesome prices from places like Atlantic and GT.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    What are you considering low end? Price wise?

If you're mil/leo S&W 642s can be had for awesome prices from places like Atlantic and GT.
    lets say $500? most colts on GB goes for $4000 plus.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I mean this in a polite way: I think you seriously misunderstand the market. The Colts on GB are out of production and are highly collectable, hence the extreme prices. Personally I would not buy one for any reason other than collectability and display. For $500 you can buy a S&W 638/642 or Ruger LCR at or just below retail at a place like Cabela's or Sportsmans Warehouse with enough cash left to get some training ammo plus 20rds of carry ammo. You could give up a box of training ammo an opt for a cheap pocket holster like Uncle Mike's and still be out the door for the $500 you stated. Colt is reintroducing a pocket revolver so you can still have a Colt for EDC; unsure of the price point but there was mention of Colt's new line up on this forum not too long ago. If you want a wheel gun for fun and/or carry, don't screw around with a low quality name. Just get the quality Ruger or S&W and be done woth it. The marginal savings on a no name is not worth the potential hassle of poor qc/customer support, etc. $500 is small change for a quality gun.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Smith and Wesson 442 without the stupid lock for $380: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=150544

Warning - Airweight J-frames are very difficult to shoot well, and an expert's pistol. But it's a useful second pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Smith and Wesson 442 without the stupid lock for $380: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=150544

Warning - Airweight J-frames are very difficult to shoot well, and an expert's pistol. But it's a useful second pistol.
    This ^

I have a 642 (different color same gun). Cost 3 and change. Not bad for what it is. Accuracy at 7 yards isn't bad.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Personally, if I were chasing a "low end" but still quality gun, I would find a charter arms bulldog. If you go over to the S&W forums many of the guys over there have owned/shot them and speak very highly of them. I keep wanting to buy one, but I honestly don't have a need for one other than curiosity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast