Thread: Need Some Paracord Magic

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Need Some Paracord Magic

Hey Guys,

So I have this pretty cool single point sling made from 550 cord. It was the first sling I had bought for my AR and yeah, it doesn't beat a BFG, but it's still kinda cool. I've replaced the thing cheap webbing with some much higher quality webbing and also ITW buckles from DownRangeGear. (If you ever need QASM or ITW buckles, grimlocks or webbing/velcro, see Chris at downrangegear.net)
    Anyway, the guy did a decent job, but he used totally craptastic QD sling mounts and where he tied the sling into the mount, he just used two cords, rather than really beefing it up with five paracords. That's hard to explain so I will show pictures. Many of us are ex-Army after all.
    LOL

I have contacted 3 guys off of WasteBook who advertise themselves as Jedi Masters of the 550 Cord, each said they would call me back, but after sending pics to them, they never called me back. Not even to tell me they were not going to call me back. :-/

Does anyone know of a good 550 Jedi who could take this sling and fix the bad parts? I have to think since there are two 550 cords on it, it must not be impossible to do as is done on the D ring. Pics will make more sense. If you can help get me in contact with the person, I'll explain in detail of what I need so he can give me a quote. I am willing to pay for the craftsmanship it takes to correct this. (I mean a fair price.)

I will supply the Midwest Industries HD QD sling swivel and also a BFG HK sling mount.

This is an example of the bad parts. The Craptastic QD Sling Swivel (You can see where it's actually bent.)

The HK mount: The HK mount really isn't that bad, but I will replace it nonetheless.

Here is an example of GOOD paracord work!

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 02-21-17 at 10:31.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams