Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on appendix carry for the average CWP holder?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    Love to hear all your thoughts on appendix carry for the average CWP holder. The subject comes up a lot in training with very passionate feelings on all sides.
    I've carried on and off for 20 plus years. For the past 6 years everyday, and I mean everyday. My thoughts are this. If you aren't very familiar with your weapon, then by no means should you carry AIWB. If you opt to AIWB then practice it with a empty safe weapon. Practice the draw and the slow careful holstering. This speed reholstering is stupid, no one ever one a gunfight by reholstering quick. Always look when you reholstering, yes look, if it's dangerous to look for fear of bad guys, then your gun should stay in your hands not in your holster. Lol Also, your weapon and job could dictate wether or not AIWB is good for you. I carried a G23 for 2 years AIWB, with no hiccups. I used a G-code Incog and it was great. I switched last year to a Sig P320 and because of the beaver tail it's not as comfortable for me. I switched to 3:00.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Appendix has a lot going for it, especially for concealing a full grip weapon on a 150lb user. For those of us that carry large-ish DA/SA guns it is an attractive option for concealment. Having the weapon on your centerline is a bonus.

Something I've been curious about... Does anyone find that it interferes with proper seatbelt use? Have any of you been in a wreck while carrying this way?

Feedback Score
    I am very uncomfortable with appendix carry, for safety reasons. I tend to carry very far forward on my hip, with the pistol at a muzzle back attitude.

I had a revolver go off on my when I was closing the cylinder. The round that went off was not the round in line with the barrel and it was attributed to an ultra sensitive primer.

So I am a strong believer in my muzzle never pointing at something I don't want to shoot. I REALLY don't want to shoot my junk or my femoral artery.

I carry all the time in a T shirt and used to carry this way in a place where if I was made would have resulted in my being butchered alive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

I had a revolver go off on my when I was closing the cylinder. The round that went off was not the round in line with the barrel and it was attributed to an ultra sensitive primer.
    WTH? Never heard of this! How the heck did that happen?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    WTH? Never heard of this! How the heck did that happen?
    I had shot my Cougar the day before, cleaned it and went to bed.

Got up in the morning opened a new box of .357 mag 125 grain duty ammo, filled every hole in the cylinder and closed it with a bang.

I got burned on my left hand.

I called the ammo company, they said it must have been a sensitive primer .

They offered me a lot of ammo for my problem, and I took them up on their offer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You cant go wrong with Condition 3 carry.

Learn to charge/chamber upon presentation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I had shot my Cougar the day before, cleaned it and went to bed.

Got up in the morning opened a new box of .357 mag 125 grain duty ammo, filled every hole in the cylinder and closed it with a bang.

I got burned on my left hand.

I called the ammo company, they said it must have been a sensitive primer .

They offered me a lot of ammo for my problem, and I took them up on their offer.
    Maybe a high primer as well?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You cant go wrong with Condition 3 carry.

Learn to charge/chamber upon presentation.
    That can go very wrong. But to each their own.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    That can go very wrong. But to each their own.
    If you dont practice, maybe.
    But if you arent proficient then you shouldnt tote.

I would not and have not toted a hot gun unless I have a good level 3 holster.

They got classes for that. I do what I was told and I am not only above ground but also have my fingers. I've also had to deploy my weapon in one variation or another during my decade plus tenure, once from concealment (and condition 3), and again.....here I sit.

YMMV
    Last edited by Firefly; 10-27-17 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If you dont practice, maybe.
    But if you arent proficient then you shouldnt tote.

I would not and have not toted a hot gun unless I have a good level 3 holster.

They got classes for that. I do what I was told and I am not only above ground but also have my fingers. I've also had to deploy my weapon in one variation or another during my decade plus tenure, once from concealment (and condition 3), and again.....here I sit.

YMMV
    Wasted time to a good shot, and all it takes is 9obe time to have to draw with 1 hand to get ****ed.

Yes, we all make choices, just making sure people think about that. I’ve carried c3 a few times.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast