Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on appendix carry for the average CWP holder?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    Love to hear all your thoughts on appendix carry for the average CWP holder. The subject comes up a lot in training with very passionate feelings on all sides.
    I'll second what some others have stated... The average CWP holder probably shouldn't hold a DL, much less reproduce and own firearms; but that's the average person in general.

AIWB is not for the casual gun carrier. That being said, I've been carrying AIWB for about four years and feel it's the best way to carry concealed. It's allows the quickest and easiest access to my gun under all circumstances as well as the best concealment. No other concealment option allows me to carry in just a t shirt. It's also generally the most comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I sometimes aiwb. I agree with the opinions given so far.

Will has it right. It's not ok for armed citizens to be liabilities. Y'all remember the time that cwp guy tried to stop a carjacking, but instead of helping he shot the vehicle owner in the head, picked up his brass, and fled? That kind of bs is a bigger danger to my, your, our gun rights than any mass shooting.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Travis Haley recently had a video posted where he goes over AIWB carry. He mentions the flack AIWB carry gets becaus of the "You'll shoot your junk off" argument, and he brings up some good points. I don't think it's for everyone for sure, but I think if the average CCW permit holder was proficient enough to carry any other way, they'd also be proficient enough for AIWB. You either take it seriously enough, or you don't. (I also carry AIWB, just to clarify).

Here's the video. Jump to 3:04 for the part I mentioned above.

https://youtu.be/r4Pv_YCm-i0

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I'll second what some others have stated... The average CWP holder probably shouldn't hold a DL, much less reproduce and own firearms; but that's the average person in general.

AIWB is not for the casual gun carrier. That being said, I've been carrying AIWB for about four years and feel it's the best way to carry concealed. It's allows the quickest and easiest access to my gun under all circumstances as well as the best concealment. No other concealment option allows me to carry in just a t shirt. It's also generally the most comfortable.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep....I know what you mean.

Feedback Score
    I hate this average comparison.
    Saying and comparing to the average is like comparing:

A street racer to a housewife that drives a toyota corolla.
    Or
    A a person who owns a truck as a tool vs a person who has a jacked up truck vs a off road truck person

The average person does what they do and doesnt care about it. Look at the average cop the gun is just a requirment for the job.

The average person on a gun forum has nothing in common with the average ccw holder that has it as a talisman and allways said if i needed it for blank, then i wouldnt go there.

Ignore them and do what you want.

I carry aiwb or pocket.

As long as you are safe. Meaning you keep your freaking finger off the trigger then the gun wont go off.

Lets conpare

Owb strong side =shoot foot
    Iwb 5:00 = shoot butt
    Iwb 2:00 = shoot thigh or leg
    Aiwb = shoot leg or thigh.

This is all about the mindset of following the saftey rules. Learn to draw fast with your finger off the trigger. Learn to reholster reluctantly.

No gun fight has ever been won by holstering a gun

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daniel87; 02-23-17 at 12:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    I hate this average comparison.
    Saying and comparing to the average is like comparing:

A street racer to a housewife that drives a toyota corolla.
    Or
    A a person who owns a truck as a tool vs a person who has a jacked up truck vs a off road truck person

The average person does what they do and doesnt care about it. Look at the average cop the gun is just a requirment for the job.

The average person on a gun forum has nothing in common with the average ccw holder that has it as a talisman and allways said if i needed it for blank, then i wouldnt go there.

Ignore them and do what you want.

I carry aiwb or pocket.

As long as you are safe. Meaning you keep your freaking finger off the trigger then the gun wont go off.

Lets conpare

Owb strong side =shoot foot
    Iwb 5:00 = shoot butt
    Iwb 2:00 = shoot thigh or leg
    Aiwb = shoot leg or thigh.

This is all about the mindset of following the saftey rules. Learn to draw fast with your finger off the trigger. Learn to reholster reluctantly.

No gun fight has ever been won by holstering a gun
    I think you're missing something you might shoot....
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I think you're missing something you might shoot....
    ..... its cold out right now...

Feedback Score
    I am not a fan of appendix for me, it just isn't comfortable. If I were to carry on the front of my body I would go to the other side of my body and carry between my fly and front pocket IWB.

I carry at about 130 or how ever you want to call just past the point of my hip going to the rear, with the muzzle canted to the rear. It has been the most comfortable for me, my right arm naturally hangs behind the pistol to give it some protection.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Tried the 1:30/2 o'clock, doesnt work for me. Always had the irrational shoot my junk off fear until about a year ago and decided to give it a try. I like the quicker on target aspect of it but ultimately my biggest issue is driving. No way I can make it comfortable. For that reason I am mainly IWB at 5 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    Although body shape matters, buying a specially designed holster helps. For me the dale fricke the archangel with bta and ega adapters are what i roll with

Last edited by daniel87; 02-23-17 at 19:26.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast