Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discreet weapons "bodyscanners" coming to a mall near you:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Discreet weapons "bodyscanners" coming to a mall near you:

Can't make this up. Surprised it took this long.

Best part, the device can be placed out of easy view, so that you can be scanned and never know it.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/345581...autostart=true

I'm surprised the Trump FCC would license this or allow it. It has to emit a pretty powerful millimeter wave pulse or something similar to work. The article does not go into great detail. I'd be surprised if this goes into mass production, but more crap like this is coming as technology improves. BOHICA.
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 02-22-17 at 14:33. Reason: spelling
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    So it goes 'Beep', and then what?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Does it interdict if criminals decide to beat me to death with fists?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Can't make this up. Surprised it took this long.

Best part, the device can be placed out of easy view, so that you can be scanned and never know it.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/345581...autostart=true

I'm surprised the Trump FCC would license this or allow it. It has to emit a pretty powerful millimeter wave pulse or something similar to work. The article does not go into great detail. I'd be surprised if this goes into mass production, but more crap like this is coming as technology improves. BOHICA.
    So if you have a pacemaker, it's "sorry about your luck?"
    Shut up, row well, and live.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Does it interdict if criminals decide to beat me to death with fists?
    lol no.

Actually......Malls suck now. I can simply buy what I want online. Even then, all they can do is get some mall security to come up and tap me on the shoulder and say "Excuse me, but you can't have a gun in here"

Whereupon I shall say, "My apologies, I shall leave and extend my patronage elsewhere".

I doubt he will go up to a 9 strong crew and talk his shit. There will still be mall shootings, accusations of profiling. blah blah blah.

So they can have fun with all that

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    lol no.

Actually......Malls suck now. I can simply buy what I want online.
    This. Pretty sure Amazon, Brownells/Midway/DSG, Campmor, etc. don't give a crap if I'm armed when I shop there and neither does the UPS driver who drops the stuff at my door.

Bonus: I don't have to deal with people. Double win.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Absolutely.

This would have done all of Jack and Shit to prevent the Macy's shooter.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    lol no.

Actually......Malls suck now. I can simply buy what I want online. Even then, all they can do is get some mall security to come up and tap me on the shoulder and say "Excuse me, but you can't have a gun in here"

Whereupon I shall say, "My apologies, I shall leave and extend my patronage elsewhere".

I doubt he will go up to a 9 strong crew and talk his shit. There will still be mall shootings, accusations of profiling. blah blah blah.

So they can have fun with all that

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So how does this prevent mass shootings. Does it somehow disable a firearm? So what if you know Ahmed is packing an AK into the mall. You're going to know it about 30 seconds after he enters and about 2:30 (being generous) before the good guys with guns show up.

I can see this passing muster inside a mall (too late). But once they start putting this up in parking lots and scanning public spaces there will be suits. Sadly at the rate idiot liberal judges piss on the Constitution these days I wouldn't be surprised if we had many rulings claiming that what's under your clothes isn't private anymore.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't worry, they still have people more than happy to read your tags with tag readers and traffic cameras at most intersections.

Actually more like 15 mins before anybody shows up.

Me personally, I dont care. Not enough cops on the street to shake down everybody and most cops shaking down people will be getting the law abiding gun guy who will just shrug and leave peacefully.

I could get outraged but realistically....if they aint going after Leroy Brown then they ain't going after me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I started to get annoyed, and then realized:

I haven't been inside a mall in years.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast