Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discreet weapons "bodyscanners" coming to a mall near you:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    If they put them in malls, they will put them in Wal-Marts, grocery stores, gas stations, city parks, flea markets, etc.

The goal is to make carrying a firearm like smoking: not to be done in public.

This is the new battle for us: we have to start right now shutting this down completely and permanently.

I suggest if you live in a city where these sensors are being installed, that you inundate the managers and owners of that shopping mall with as many letters, emails, calls of opposition as you can organize.
    It would cost over $100 mil to put ONE in every Walmart.

Not gonna happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    I started to get annoyed, and then realized:
    I haven't been inside a mall in years.
    Ditto.

The on-screen displays in the video look unrealistic. I suspect that's just ad hype.

I could see this being useful for airport security, courthouse entries, etc. IF it actually works.

In malls and other public spaces - totally worthless. Mass killers don't tend to hide weapons or wait long times before shooting. At best this might provide 30 seconds of response time if someone goes into a scanned space with a gun. So some 50yo rent-a-cop making $12/hr can run from his booth in some corridor at the far opposite end of the mall. Useless.

Other than possible good uses at airports, I mostly see this as a way to harass non-criminal CCW carriers, both of the perfectly legal and not-technically-legal-but-no-bad-intentions types.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The New game should be; Find the emitter and cover the lens.
    It will likely be six months before someone figures that out...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
    You and a lot of other people. This is why one of the two malls in Huntsville currently looks like this:

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf...ay_on_mad.html
    You know one of the factors that led to the downfall of this mall? It got to where a few years ago, you couldn't go in there without being harassed, intimidated or aggravated by the local "urban yoots" that would rove around in gangs. It got so bad I forbad my wife & stepdaughters from going without me, then we stopped altogether. This was several years before the current CCW laws AL has now, but I carried every damn time we went. It developed a WELL EARNED rep...and that along with other things is why its gone now.
    I walked out into the empty place back in December...it was pristine. I do have some good memories from there, before it turned into a hoodlum hangout. Took some pics and video of the tearing down myself.
    Now I go to the other Huntsville mall...its got a great knife shop. And..ICEE's and poontang. All good.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 02-23-17 at 03:28.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    You know one of the factors that led to the downfall of this mall? It got to where a few years ago, you couldn't go in there without being harassed, intimidated or aggravated by the local "urban yoots" that would rove around in gangs. It got so bad I forbad my wife & stepdaughters from going without me, then we stopped altogether. This was several years before the current CCW laws AL has now, but I carried every damn time we went. It developed a WELL EARNED rep...and that along with other things is why its gone now.
    I walked out into the empty place back in December...it was pristine. I do have some good memories from there, before it turned into a hoodlum hangout. Took some pics and video of the rear down myself.
    Now I go to the other Huntsville mall...its got a great knife shop. And..ICEE's and poontang. All good.
    I didn't move here until '14, but that mirrors everything I had been told. Only went there a couple times (begrudgingly) with the wife. Most the time we'd go to a mall it was either to Bridge Street (which has it's own problems recently) or Parkway.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    just need folks to do massive protests outside any place that puts them in like the left does

massive lawsuits about getting cancer and such lack of research long term effects ! effects on children would be great you know we have to do it for the children ! from the machines and have tons of lawyers attacking the places that place them also

funny though cause the so called gun free zones will get them first then ? hahahhahah

OR better yet find out what can trigger them that acts like a weapon and is not and the moment you get stopped say no I am not carrying and let them stop you with force and then sue the freaking pants off the location and have this happen all over

Feedback Score
    So when I'm legally carrying and it sees me, what happens?

It's funny, they'll spend whatever this thing costs, but they won't buy a $500 glock.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-22-17 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    Radar based? Hmmm...Wonder how well those scanners are protected against overload/signal saturation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lets figure out more ways to make malls more annoying so people shop online.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    It would cost over $100 mil to put ONE in every Walmart.

Not gonna happen

I agreed. For a company that has in more than one location I know of no camera's in the parking lots and considers $300K in loss to be "great" they aren't going to spend any more than they need to. Jacking prices would make more sense for them.

On the other side of the coin lets take into account the requirements of someone watching these scanners at all times and likely being even poorer trained than the TSA, which is just this side of rock **** bottom, and watching more screens, now add in human error, and you have a great recipe for them not even catching the weapon that walks in and does actual harm, or harnessing those who don't have anything on them. Forget the issues of those who are carrying legally. Lets also not even get into the point that guns aren't even the most common weapons in assaults and that the sports store selling baseball bats is more likely to be putting weapons in the hands of criminals than Bob's Guns and Ammo.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast