So, I need some help. I've been dealing with eye issues while shooting for a few years now, and always thought I could train out of it, work beyond it. I always thought I just wasn't at the level I should be and that is why I was having such a hard time. I struggle with staying focused and locked onto the front sight. I start off alright, then fairly quickly my vision blurs out, or wants to focus on the rear sight. This is magnified significantly while shooting with both eyes open, with iron sights. If I close one eye, it's much easier for me to stay focused. I know that's not ideal for combat training, and I should make an effort to always keep both eyes open. I make good, accurate hits on targets I am shooting at, even with the trouble focusing.

I do have mild astigmatism (self diagnosed), which flares up when I shoot with my Aimpoint pro, and a little bit with my T1 (not as bad), I never see a smooth dot, and safety glasses turn the dots into a comet. I am not knowledgeable enough to say for a fact that the two issues are 100% related.

I have went to Trijicon HD's on most of my handguns, but on my P30L I have the Heinie solid black rear, with the HK luminescent front. The issue effects me on all of these sights, even though the HD's have bright Orange or Yellow fronts. I'm almost to the point where I am thinking of RMR'ing everything and going from there. So does anyone have any tips or suggestions here? I am going to plan a trip to the eye doctor here in the near future, but in the mean time I was hoping someone could shed some light. Thanks!