Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front sight focus, quick eye fatigue

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So for the longest time, I think I misunderstood "Focus on the front sight". This article opened my eyes, so to speak:
    http://pistol-training.com/articles/vision

I'm not sure if this is related to what's going on with your vision, but it's worth a read anyway. It took some practice with it, but it's made a huge improvement in my performance. I think it's also easier to hold focus with your eyes converged at distance than it is with them converged at the front sight.

All also echo the suggestion to find a good optometrist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    So for the longest time, I think I misunderstood "Focus on the front sight". This article opened my eyes, so to speak:
    http://pistol-training.com/articles/vision

I'm not sure if this is related to what's going on with your vision, but it's worth a read anyway. It took some practice with it, but it's made a huge improvement in my performance. I think it's also easier to hold focus with your eyes converged at distance than it is with them converged at the front sight.

All also echo the suggestion to find a good optometrist.
    This is what I do as well. I feel like I don't know where I'm shooting if I converge on front sight at 25. It starts to get hairy at 10-15 so I just converge on target.

It's quicker to get hits from the draw as well (for me ).
    Focus on target, keep convergence, but shift focus in during draw so my focus is fs as the gun comes up on target.

I also find if I take longer than 1 second to shoot (timer starting when I have a sight picture), my groups open up.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-16-17 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Real question.

We have clip-on thermal imaging. Clip-on night vision. Flip-to-side magnifiers...

...but no one has developed a clip-on corrective lens for optics??

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Listen to Hmac and see your Optometrist.

Ask about a Brock String while you're there. It's cheap (like $3 at Hobby Lobby to make, but I'm sure you could buy them though) and helps correct binocular deficiency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Real question.

We have clip-on thermal imaging. Clip-on night vision. Flip-to-side magnifiers...

...but no one has developed a clip-on corrective lens for optics??
    Lpv can correct vision. I can adjust it so it's crystal clear without contacts - I'm near sighted (slightly) I change focus when I put contacts in to head to the range. Using it set up for bare eyes, bUT wit cono acts in loops overcorrected (small view difficult to focustomize on, strain). You could always glue a lense to your aimpoint, or throw one in a qd mount for bedside duty.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-25-17 at 21:18.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123