Thread: 1911 for suppressor use, question

Feedback Score

1911 for suppressor use, question

I've read about the pros and cons of the 1911 for using a suppressor. I see their are a few manufactures that make them, Remington (not even close to these others), Nighthawk, and Ed Brown but it does not appear Wilson does. I have a Colt CCU I was thinking of having my smith install a KKM barrel. My question is with the tilting barrel setup is there more than just having a barrel fitted to make it a reliable bullet proof 1911 for suppressors? There is so much wrong or conflicting information on this, I needed a straight forward answer. I have my TiRant already and since 2012 have been using a G21SF, but I'm looking to change.
    Thanks in advance!
    Mike

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I researched suppressing a 1911 with my TiRant 45 I found 2 things: might need the short piston depending on guide rod setup and you would probably have to play with the recoil spring to get the gun to function well.

Beyond that I personally didnt find anything that jumped out at me.

In the end I didnt end up doing it because my HK45C is a perfect suppressor host already that I didnt feel like spending the money to get a 1911 setup was worth it.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    You can order a Wilson with a tb. They pop up in gb sometimes too. DW has one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a nighthawk that i use an osprey with. No issues in 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmm, my Colt Rail Gun runs great suppressed. I was unaware of any issues with running a canned 1911.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    It can be hard on the locking lugs of the slide. Beyond that, have a blast.