Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pc suggestions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New pc suggestions

Just get a JPC or JPC 2.0 and don't look back. I'm a big fan of VS/Mayflower also, but the JPC series has a special place in my heart.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Just get a JPC or JPC 2.0 and don't look back. I'm a big fan of VS/Mayflower also, but the JPC series has a special place in my heart.
    Why the jpc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rfairman View Post
    Why the jpc?

I've posted about this in countless other PC threads but basically I've been wearing them in combat zones since 2011 or 2012 (can't remember exactly). In that time I've found:
    - Very light weight
    - Comfortable
    - Adjustable
    - Holds Plates securely (no shift)
    - Can be stripped down for low-pro work
    - Can be kitted way up for high-pro ops and still holds the load well.
    - You do not overheat in it.
    - The cummerbund expands and contracts with your body.
    - The 2.0 Has even more capabilities than the standard JPC
    - No cons that I can really think of.

Some guys like padded shoulders straps, I could care less. The load weighs what the load weighs and I prefer the thin/low profile shoulder straps.

FWIW, the most comfortable rig I've ever worn is the Crye AVS kit, but it's not worth $500 more than the JPC IMHO. My AVS collects dust most of the time, but I can't part with her.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My only gripe with the JPC is the width of the shoulder straps but that's just a preference thing I suppose..

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Dave L. - what pack is that in your pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I've posted about this in countless other PC threads but basically I've been wearing them in combat zones since 2011 or 2012 (can't remember exactly). In that time I've found:
    - Very light weight
    - Comfortable
    - Adjustable
    - Holds Plates securely (no shift)
    - Can be stripped down for low-pro work
    - Can be kitted way up for high-pro ops and still holds the load well.
    - You do not overheat in it.
    - The cummerbund expands and contracts with your body.
    - The 2.0 Has even more capabilities than the standard JPC
    - No cons that I can really think of.
    Depends on what you consider "kitted way up"- I've seen some guys try to pack a poor little JPC up to backbreaking levels no JPC should be exposed to... they even made a meme about it on one site I've frequented...
    I mean like, dual comms, assaulter back panel, shitload of mags, GP pouches...some folks be cray...

But yeah... all those reasons.
    I just can't seem to find a way to like them personally.

Some guys like padded shoulders straps, I could care less. The load weighs what the load weighs and I prefer the thin/low profile shoulder straps.
    You know... I'm starting to feel like there's some truth to that. I've tried a number of shoulder pads on a number of PCs, and while some did lend more comfort to how the PC actually rides on you, perhaps "spreads" the weight a bit, none of them really seemed to alleviate the feel of the actual weight. AVS is pretty good at spreading it all around (and better than average on the shoulders), but the thing was still heavy loaded up...

That being said, you should really try those Velocity shoulder covers (or the Optac APC-MBAV slip-over version, same thing just without velcro)- they're very low profile, and just enough "squish" to round the abrasiveness of regular ol' shoulder straps out, not hard, thick and stiff (phrasing!...) like some other classic style pads I've tried.
    Might change your mind about running basic straps.

http://www.optactical.com/mavepashsl.html
    http://www.optactical.com/opmbshpa.html

FWIW, the most comfortable rig I've ever worn is the Crye AVS kit, but it's not worth $500 more than the JPC IMHO. My AVS collects dust most of the time, but I can't part with her.
    All true.
    Plus it's a heavy bitch too- I weighed one the other day, 3.5 Lb before adding a single pouch, magazine or plate.
    I guess if one had a "beyond normal JPC weight" loadout, it would be worthwhile. Just such a darn cool PC though...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I'll second the JPC with the belt it's good for 6 rifle mags and 2 pistol it's comfortable for a plate carrier. As for a shoulder pad it's easy enough to add some.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    JellyBean,
    It's a Tasmanian Tiger SOF Medic Bag. It's really nice but may not be made anymore. I bought it at a German PX/Gear store on a base in A-Stan. The pullout pouches are clear plastic so your teammates can easily see what's what in side.

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    With all the suggestions for the JPC, I'd also suggest a look at the PLATEminu V2 then. BFG does give a military/first responder discount, if that applies, and there's also the B15 coupon code, which is 15% off, which stacks on top of the pro deal if you qualify.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    IMO PIG Brig shoulder pads fit a JPC like they were meant to be there and take the edge off your traps. Very light and breathable too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12