Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HHV ATE Ballistic Helmets?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

HHV ATE Ballistic Helmets?

The issue LWH and MICH with Surefire earplugs have worked fine for me for years. Now that I finally have my own PVS-14 and acquired a MSA Sordin 75305 model, my standard cut MICH won't fit over the Sordins. (I know the neckband version is designed for better interface with helmets but I got my Sordins in a trade from my buddy, current prices for new are too high IMO) I would love to get a more modern high speed Kevlar like the Ops Core FAST but $1000+ for a helmet is way too much for me. Looking around, I came across http://www.hardheadveterans.com/ but no reviews from anyone yet. These helmets are configured just like an Ops Core but at half the price, it is very tempting. I don't doubt Ops Core's quality as I use their excellent X-Nape chin strap on my MICH and of course all the high speed units that use their helmets. However, besides weight, what makes the Ops Core worth the $500+ premium over the ATE? And does anyone have any experience with the ATE and HHV as a company?
    Last edited by lawusmc0844; 02-06-16 at 01:22.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm interested myself. You may look at Arma Core helmets. Similar build and price. They claim NIJ certification but I haven't requested I
    It like they say on their site. Although I haven't found any reviews with them either

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't personally have any experience with this helmet but I too have been looking for a quality alternative to the ops-core and this looks like it fits the bill really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for posting this. I too would be interested in some reviews but to be honest I may just take the plunge and try one. Can always sell it if it's not up to standard.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm not trusting my head to a cheap Chinese made helmet equivalent to a Del-ton. Nope, no way, no how.
    For that price you can pick up a used ACH and outfit it w/ an Ops Core H nape, Team Wendy Epic Air pads, and even then have enough left over for a Norotos Universal shroud.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, thank you for the interest in our helmets. Noticed we were getting a good amount of traffic from this website so we wanted to make sure we were available to answer any questions.

The first thing you should know is that our shells are made in house! We do however source our liners, shroud, and pads (Mexico and China). What we aim to accomplish with our helmets is that you can replace everything with whatever your preference is with shrouds, liners, pads, and rails. Or keep it the way it is for a quality helmet that fits the majority of peoples needs.

One thing that will also be an option in the future is simply purchasing the shell only. This will be our DIY option, with the customer doing the painting and buying everything else.

Please email us at info@hardheadveterans.com if you would like to see our ballistic and impact testing reports. We just ask that you don't post them online as we have already had problems with foreign helmet manufactures altering and using them to their own purpose.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm not trusting my head to a cheap Chinese made helmet equivalent to a Del-ton. Nope, no way, no how.
    For that price you can pick up a used ACH and outfit it w/ an Ops Core H nape, Team Wendy Epic Air pads, and even then have enough left over for a Norotos Universal shroud.
    Because everything made in China must be crap right? Plenty of crap made in America as well, body armor is no exception. Quality control is the important factor, but I shouldn't have to pay thousands of dollars more for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head Veterans View Post
    Hey guys, thank you for the interest in our helmets. Noticed we were getting a good amount of traffic from this website so we wanted to make sure we were available to answer any questions.

The first thing you should know is that our shells are made in house! We do however source our liners, shroud, and pads (Mexico and China). What we aim to accomplish with our helmets is that you can replace everything with whatever your preference is with shrouds, liners, pads, and rails. Or keep it the way it is for a quality helmet that fits the majority of peoples needs.

One thing that will also be an option in the future is simply purchasing the shell only. This will be our DIY option, with the customer doing the painting and buying everything else.

Please email us at info@hardheadveterans.com if you would like to see our ballistic and impact testing reports. We just ask that you don't post them online as we have already had problems with foreign helmet manufactures altering and using them to their own purpose.
    Thank you for your response and welcome to M4C! I've looked at your site and your FB posts and though a helmet is currently out of my budget, yours is still an option in the future. Right now I got to pay off bills and do my taxes. Please include the DIY option, it is an excellent idea!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Law, I think kaltesherz is talking about foreign armor not being certified. If these helmets have actually been tested/certified, great. Those eBay OpsCoreDeltaSEALSpecOps specials have not and might as well be a bump helmet.

That said, I would love to pick up a shell only depending on price. I'm looking at a TNVC build on a rabintex shell to save a few hundred vs an Ops or TW

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    Because everything made in China must be crap right? Plenty of crap made in America as well, body armor is no exception. Quality control is the important factor, but I shouldn't have to pay thousands of dollars more for it.
    China is capable of producing varying degrees of quality, including the higher end for certain products, but quality control and accountability (or lack thereof) is still a big factor. Not only are you paying for better quality control, standards, and testing but many US produced armors have a long proven track record over GWOT. I'm glad to hear HHV is making the shell stateside, that's a major improvement over dubious imported helmets that have been cropping up lately.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tostado22 View Post
    Law, I think kaltesherz is talking about foreign armor not being certified. If these helmets have actually been tested/certified, great. Those eBay OpsCoreDeltaSEALSpecOps specials have not and might as well be a bump helmet.

That said, I would love to pick up a shell only depending on price. I'm looking at a TNVC build on a rabintex shell to save a few hundred vs an Ops or TW
    We will be well below the rabintex shell cost, but whats on the table right now is a 3 hole, and probably just painted one color or no color at all. TNVC has pretty good prices on some of their helmet extras, so we will probably point customers in this direction.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast