Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your "Go To" weapon and gear, and why?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Did a little house cleaning. Try it now
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    MistWolf,

What is that gear box in the back of your vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    "Go To" pistol/EDC - stock VP9, and one reload carried in a Snag Mag pocket carrier. I'm currently using a Raven Concealment Phantom OWB holster although up until recently I was using a Crossbreed Snapslide but I'd finally had enough of the exposed muzzle and made the switch to the Raven about a month ago.

Go to rifle is a bit of an odd one...not because the gun itself is odd, but because the way it is set up...or more corectly isn't set up.
    An iron sighted carbine (BCM lightweight on a Rock River upper with BCM receiver extension) with a rattlecan paint job and Magpul SL handguards that were mangled in an ill-conceived experiment. It really shouldn't be my Go To rifle because I have another AR equipped with an Aimpoint, but the light weight and portability of this one ends up making it the one I'm most apt to grab and toss in the jeep, or to have in hand when I completely overreact to an odd noise in the basement at 1:00am. Usually the gun has a 20 rounder in it, when traveling I usually keep four 30 rounders in an S.O Tech bandolier on hand as well. At some point I'll probably come to grips with the fact it needs an optic and stick my spare Aimpoint PRO on it. In any case, it's probably my current "Go To".
    Picture is nothing special as I just took it to serve as a visual aid rather than look good.
    Great taste. I, too, like CAR stocks and fixed irons.

I can't carry every day, due to my employer(s), but my go-to pistol is now a Beretta PX4 fullsize in 9mm, with "G" and "D" conversions. Its new, but I now have enough rounds through it to trust it (1000). Holster is a High Noon Stingray in horsehide.

Goto gear is an AWS plate carrier that mimics the setup I had last time I carried a rifle for a living, except the Eagle and Paraclete flap pouches have been replaced with 4 Tacos. Camelback, tourniquet, flex cuffs, remote antenna, plates, soft armor, SAM splint, Halo seal, etc. all same. IFAK on belt, 8 o'clock. High cut helmet with rattle can camo. The odds of me actually using this stuff again is super slim, but seeing it in the corner of a room is comforting for some reason. It still gets used in training pretty frequently.

Primary goto rifle is assembled around a 14.5 in Noveske barrel with a 12" DD RIS and ALG ACT trigger. Laundry bag/rattle can camo. It's wearing a Leopold 2-7 scope and offset irons that I put on for hunting and competition in 2015, and subsequently misplaced the fixed iron sights that were on it before. I've been debating new irons vs Nightforce 1-4. No rush. Blue Force sling with metal Cobra. It also has a Inforce WML. Not as beefy as a Surefire or Elzetta, but I really like the tailcap.

This rifle just got a few parts replaced and must be re-vetted, so right now my bedside gun is my Saiga 74. The mag and grip have been converted, but I left the long handguard on it and stipled it. USGI M16 sling with ghetto-fabbed mounting points. Comblock length wooden stock, rattle can paint job. Its a beater gun. Looks like a real POS, but it shoots, and reliably.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Great taste. I, too, like CAR stocks and fixed irons.
    Thanks, the gun now has an Aimpoint on it that has been rattle-canned to match the gun. Otherwise it's still set up the same. However I'm expecting to receive BCM carbine-length PKMR handguard and a BCM foregrip on Monday, so those will be going on the gun once they've been appropriately rattle-canned as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Thanks, the gun now has an Aimpoint on it that has been rattle-canned to match the gun. Otherwise it's still set up the same. However I'm expecting to receive BCM carbine-length PKMR handguard and a BCM foregrip on Monday, so those will be going on the gun once they've been appropriately rattle-canned as well.

Did you get them yet? If so, how are you liking them?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like them a lot, they are about everything I could want in a polymer handguard. I like that they are slimmer than even Magpul's "SL" handguards, and also unlike the SLs allow you to retain the factory front sling swivel right from the get go (Which I still use). I suppose if I could change anything about them I'd make them M-Lok instead but I really don't hang enough stuff off the front of my ARs to really care too much about the specific type of accessory attachment system I'm using.

I've also got a midlength set of PKMRs. This gun also now sports a BCM vertical foregrip, however because I shoot this gun from a rest a lot the foregrip *may* end up getting removed, but I wanted to at least try the VFG on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Right now
    g17
    and
    Colt Trooper with just a Trijicon Accupower 1-4 ( segmented circle reticle ).

They are simple, and serve me well. I kind of feel a little guilty leaving my 2k+$ setups in the safe.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My go-to rifle is a BCM 11.5" factory upper on Stag SBR lower. Sighting package is a TA31RCO-M4 with offset Vortex red dot. White light is a Surefire Fury Tactical with the clicky tailcap (no strobe). I usually have a Viking Tactics 2pt sling attached if I'm going to be carrying my rifle around.

This setup runs like a sewing machine and going from 4x to 1x and back takes milliseconds with a simple tilt of the rifle. I can also access the red dot off my left shoulder with no issues.

Weight with a fully loaded 30rd PMAG is 8lb 13oz, which is not a huge deal at all.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    My go-to rifle is a BCM 11.5" factory upper on Stag SBR lower. Sighting package is a TA31RCO-M4 with offset Vortex red dot. White light is a Surefire Fury Tactical with the clicky tailcap (no strobe). I usually have a Viking Tactics 2pt sling attached if I'm going to be carrying my rifle around.

This setup runs like a sewing machine and going from 4x to 1x and back takes milliseconds with a simple tilt of the rifle. I can also access the red dot off my left shoulder with no issues.

Weight with a fully loaded 30rd PMAG is 8lb 13oz, which is not a huge deal at all.

Very nice!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Our indoor HD go-to first is a P320CA TACOPS TB with 22 rounds of 147 gr. 9mm subs + Tundra + SF:

That is to get to:

a 15 round (or 25 round - Aguila Minishell slug or buck) 12 ga.
    TLR-4G light/green laser + C-More RDS - a.k.a.: "The Nuclear Option"
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 12-24-17 at 10:17.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast