Thread: Is a Thorsen stock legal for pistol lengths?

Feedback Score

Is a Thorsen stock legal for pistol lengths?

Hello everyone im joining the AR world. Im building a 9mm colt design with a 3 inch barrel and Tec 9 fake suppressor. My main question is the Thorsen Cali stock pistol grip thingy legal on pistols? I know many say its ugly but i think its cool. Im still gonna use a pistol buffer tube but does this stock grip on a pistol make it a SBR? Thanks guys and gals.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This isn't exactly the "fake suppressor" kinda site that you're looking for...

The pistol grip thingy is actually a stock which provides you with the ability to shoulder the rifle. It is no longer a grip. If you put it on the monstrosity that you're speaking of building you will not only be guilty of poor taste, but of building an unregistered SBR.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As that last reply may be observed by some to be a bit harsh, pull up a chair and read about pistol builds here a bit. I'm by no means anti-9mm AR. I'm building one myself. I am however, very anti mall ninja shit, which includes fake suppressors and the like.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Darn thats what i was afraid of. Lol thanks for the info. I couldnt find anything on the web. Much appreciated

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When something is called a "stock" kit, that's what is referred to as a "clue".

Feedback Score
    That doesn't necessarily mean its illegal or legal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonGravy View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean its illegal or legal.
    If it's on an unregistered SBR it is. In case you've missed it, the parts used on pistols are called "braces". "Stocks" go on rifles.

Feedback Score
    Thats why i asked just to make sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    This isn't exactly the "fake suppressor" kinda site that you're looking for...

The pistol grip thingy is actually a stock which provides you with the ability to shoulder the rifle. It is no longer a grip. If you put it on the monstrosity that you're speaking of building you will not only be guilty of poor taste, but of building an unregistered SBR.
    I haven't laughed at a comment like I have for this one in a very long time

Feedback Score
    Glad i could make your day.