Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did the factory Glock threaded barrels (and models) go?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Where did the factory Glock threaded barrels (and models) go?

Just sent away my paperwork for a SiCo Omega 9K and I've been struggling to find a factory Glock threaded barrel for my G19. I have a MK25 TB and a spare barrel for my P30, both with the 13.5x1 LH threads. I'm trying to stick with the same thread pattern so I don't have to switch boosters. Has Glock discontinued the factory TB models and the threaded barrels themselves? Everywhere I look is out of stock and there's none on Gunbroker.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I haven't seen factory threaded G19 barrels in a while. I was in the same boat a hand-full of months ago with my Osprey9. I ended up with a Lone Wolf Alpha Wolf barrel in 1/2-28. It hasn't been a huge deal swapping the pistons, but I totally see where you're coming from in trying to maintain one thread pattern.

FWIW, SiCo offers their G19 barrel in metric threading. That could be an option for you...
    https://www.store.silencerco.com/col...ant=9805198660

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I haven't seen factory threaded G19 barrels in a while. I was in the same boat a hand-full of months ago with my Osprey9. I ended up with a Lone Wolf Alpha Wolf barrel in 1/2-28. It hasn't been a huge deal swapping the pistons, but I totally see where you're coming from in trying to maintain one thread pattern.

FWIW, SiCo offers their G19 barrel in metric threading. That could be an option for you...
    https://www.store.silencerco.com/col...ant=9805198660
    Thanks for posting that. Didn't know SiCo was offering metric barrel threads. I may go that route if I can't source a factory G19 barrel. Realistically I have several months to find one so no rush, but it is puzzling how they seem to have vanished.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I know the Mk27 (Gen4 Glock 19 MOS) that NSW is currently buying specifies threaded barrels. Maybe all production capacity is going to that now. But they were pushing their factory threaded barrel guns big time last year or 2015, then this year, zilch.

I'm in need a OEM Gen4 G19 barrel. I have one for Gen3, but I'm not sure of the interchangeability.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I know the Mk27 (Gen4 Glock 19 MOS) that NSW is currently buying specifies threaded barrels. Maybe all production capacity is going to that now. But they were pushing their factory threaded barrel guns big time last year or 2015, then this year, zilch.

I'm in need a OEM Gen4 G19 barrel. I have one for Gen3, but I'm not sure of the interchangeability.
    Yes they were. Kicking myself for not grabbing a barrel last year. I did manage to find an OEM Glock 21 threaded barrel on Gunbroker earlier this week. Snagged that up as I know I'll be buying a .45 suppressor in a few months. Gonna stick it in my Gen 4 21.

I'm gonna hold off on buying the SiCo G19 barrel for now. Call me weird, but I prefer to use OEM replacement barres when possible. I'm sure threaded G19 and G17 barrels will come back in stock in the next year or so. I'll just snag one then.

Feedback Score
    I have one of those models and have been looking for a 17 to match the 19, can't find one either. Awesome model, no clue why they were here for such a short amount of time. They aren't on the website either. Seems they may be gone

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In the GSSF price list they are listed under the "Threaded Barrel & Special Run" category. I would assume that they are low volume.

Feedback Score
    Here's a Storm Lake barrel with metric threads:

http://www.glockmeister.com/Storm-La...uctinfo/34011/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    Here's a Storm Lake barrel with metric threads:

http://www.glockmeister.com/Storm-La...uctinfo/34011/
    Doesn't come in black, and doesn't specify whether it's for Gen 3 or Gen 4. Glock could own this market if they wanted to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last year Glock sold every pistol they made. Today there are thousands in stock at distribution. It is hard to justify making specialty runs of products when you sell every single unit of the vanilla product. I think we will see manufacturers return to being a little more creative to sell product. The threaded barrel Glocks may return now that demand has softened and there are military contracts calling for the production of threaded barrels anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast