Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SP01 to 226?

Feedback Score
    The P226 is a fantastic gun not without its drawbacks. I have time behind a W. German in 9mm and a Michigan State Police .40 cal DAK model. Although the high bore axis isn't my favorite I shoot both very well. That being said, if you weren't impressed the first time you shot it, I'd stick with the SP01 for now and explore the 226 at a later time. You could always rent one at a range and see if your opinions have changed in the meantime. The P226 and most sigs in general are very nice guns, but they seem to be one of those guns that you either love or hate. I will say that the D/A trigger of a sig better than most out of the box.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    I have owned several SiG's and the only one I have left is a "NSW" serialized P226. It is spooky accurate and a pleasure to shoot, but it sits in my safe. My G19 has taken the EDC role along with my G43 for hot weather carry. The soon to be CZ P10c will be getting a good look when it comes out.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Keep the CZ...
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    Is there not a way you can order the CZ minus the magazines shiped from out of state to your local dealer?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    That's not how it works in Cali....it's really messed up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I have owned several SiG's and the only one I have left is a "NSW" serialized P226. It is spooky accurate and a pleasure to shoot, but it sits in my safe. My G19 has taken the EDC role along with my G43 for hot weather carry. The soon to be CZ P10c will be getting a good look when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ritepath View Post
    Keep the CZ...
    I am keeping it. I almost scored a cz75 SA for $650. Those aren't easy to find

Quote Originally Posted by delta-1 View Post
    Is there not a way you can order the CZ minus the magazines shiped from out of state to your local dealer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post
    That's not how it works in Cali....it's really messed up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It actually does. It really depends on the website. But because the particular pistol is on the California roster, you can order it online to have it shipped to an ffl.

To add to that, most California ffls charge at least $60 just to transfer it to you when you order online. It's pretty nuts.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 02-27-17 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good choice keeping it. The only P226 that I'd be interested in would be a pristine W German one.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, keep the CZ. Over the last 20 plus years of owning, and shooting CZ's, I have sold all my Sigs as they just don't work as well for me. If you want to get rid onf a pistol with a rail, CZ makes all metal pistols that do not have a rail like the 75B, Shadow Target, PCR etc.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    CA 226s do have a mag disconnect safety. Along with being on the "approved list", all CA pistols are required to have either a loaded chamber indicator (a peep-hole satisfies the rule, a la EMP), or a mag-disconnect safety so they don't fire without a mag in the well.

Goes without saying, but CA sucks.
    Agreed. Not to get too off topic, but they also require micro stamping on firing pins now too. Which explains why no new guns can be added to the roster.

The only catch still is that all of the "safety" requirements to be approved for the roster apply to when the model was submitted. Once approved, the gun can be renewed over and over again as long as it remains unchanged. For example, Gen 3 Glock 19's (in black and made in Austria) are the same in CA as everywhere else, minus the standard cap mags.

Since Glock keeps renewing the Gen 3 models, they don't have to add additional "safety" features like the latest micro stamping firing pins. Many Sigs on the other hand, were submitted and approved when CA required the mag disconnect, LCI, and whatever else was mandated at the time.

That's why walking into a CA gun store looks like you're going back in time by x years when looking in the handgun counter. Our latest model HK is a P2000 if that says anything.

Feedback Score
    Keep both

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast