Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buttstock preference?

Feedback Score

Buttstock preference?

So lookin at new buttstock and Torn between the B5 bravo in flat dark earth, and the Magpul A-frame with the enhanced cheek weld. Any real noticeable difference in the two? Or am I fine either way?
    • Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    If you want your rifle to sink faster if dropped in water get the Magpul. It weighs half again what the B5 weighs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Given those choices I'd go with the B5 Bravo. (I really like the B5 SOPMOD Enhanced best. IMO it's well worth the difference in price.)
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    whats an a-frame?

I have a b5 bravo and love it fwiw. relatively light, slight angle to the buttplate(not too much), perfect amount of cheekweld IMO. Id suggest trying them out if possible as they may fit you differently. The B5 doesn't wobble (at least mine) if that matters at all to you.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-25-17 at 21:00.

Feedback Score
    The a-frame is the center cut out with the latch inside. I like the looks of both but wondering how the comfort of the two compare to one another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Buttstock preference?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrillar67 View Post
    The a-frame is the center cut out with the latch inside. I like the looks of both but wondering how the comfort of the two compare to one another

Did you come up with that name yourself? I've never heard of an A-frame by Magpul. I think you are talking about their MOE stock and there is a pretty big difference between them. I have never owned an MOE, but it sounds like cheek weld is important to you. I don't think the MOE is going to make you happy. Here's a pic and it is NOT mine, I'm just showing you the difference between the top portion - where your cheek weld is or isn't.
    L -> R
    B5 SOPMOD; B5 Bravo; Magpul MOE aka in AMillerology as the "A-Frame", and a Vltor EMod.

There's a difference, I'll say. I'm not sure why you chose those two stocks to be your down select...I've owned the Bravo, B5 SOPMOD, SOPMOD Enhanced, LMT, and Vltor EMod. I like a good cheek weld myself. My preferred stock is the Vltor eMod, LMT (when I can buy used and at a good price, B5 SOPMOD Enhanced and finally Magpul STR. I've used others SL, ACS, B5 Bravo but they are not my favorites. The Vltor has great cheek weld, it's longer than the LMT and SOPMOD-E and as a side effect, doesn't pull my beard hair out.
    My apologies if Magpul has developed an A-Frame stock hat I don't know about.
    So why are you locked into those two stocks? Price point?
    What is really important for you? Weld? Weight?

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 02-26-17 at 00:59.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I didn't really come up with the name a buddy of mine referred too it that way since it was cut out in the center. They seem too have a version of it that is enhanced on the cheek weld that kind of sticks out too me and would probably be lighter I think.

Yes weight and cheek weld are important too me though I think I would sacrifice weight for cheek weld. Also like you said about pulling in the beard that would be a big plus for me if it didn't.

I haven't checked out the LMT but I'll give it a look at now that you mention it. Price range they both were in my ball park.

• Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I think this is the one he is talking about.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillar67 View Post
    I didn't really come up with the name a buddy of mine referred too it that way since it was cut out in the center. They seem too have a version of it that is enhanced on the cheek weld that kind of sticks out too me and would probably be lighter I think.

Yes weight and cheek weld are important too me though I think I would sacrifice weight for cheek weld. Also like you said about pulling in the beard that would be a big plus for me if it didn't.

I haven't checked out the LMT but I'll give it a look at now that you mention it. Price range they both were in my ball park.

Does your friend also refer to a glock as a gat? Or a handguard as a barrel shroud? Dont mimic stupid.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-26-17 at 06:36.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    After issuing both of those stocks, I found I prefer the LWRC Compact stock body
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast