Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buttstock preference?

Feedback Score
    Prefer BCM stock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like different stuff for different uses.

If I were going for nimble, no frills.....CTR all day.

But overall, I'd have to say the SOPMPOD stock. At least on a 5.56. It feels kinda like a Steyr AUG and it is comfy with no wobble. I've never put batteries in it but I have a bullum head and it feels way more comfy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    The STR isn't a bad stock, I've had a couple. I gave one to a friend and PIF'd the other. It has a nice cheek weld and getting the batteries out is easier than an LMT or SOPMOD-E or Vltor. I still prefer the Vltor eMod over them all, but they are all quality stocks that do the job quite well. As you e probably figured it by your thread, stock preference is just as subjective as any other part of the AR-15. Do you have a friend that could loan you any of these?

Do you need battery storage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My old man has the B5 on his axleson and it's pretty nice. As far as knowing anyone that would loan me one no, I'd like to shoot with one though, I guess I could buy both and give one too a friend. I don't have any need for battery storage.

• Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got no experience with the B5, but I love my Magpul CTR. It's basically the STR without the storage capability (less prominent cheek weld). I also used a BCM stock for a while, but it started to rattle, so I switched back to the CTR. FWIW the BCM stock is noticeably lighter than the CTR, but the extra couple ounces doesn't bother me if it means I get a rock solid stock.

Feedback Score
    I have a wide variety of stocks to include:

Magpul MOE, CTR, SL, ACS-L, MOE fixed carbine, MOE fixed rifle

Colt M4, A2, A1

B5 Bravo

BCM Gunfighter

Most all of them are collecting dust and/or set aside for future builds. Of the ones I have, my favorite is the Magpul SL for an adjustable stock, and the Magpul MOE fixed rifle for a non adjustable stock. I loathe the A2 and M4 "waffle" stocks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I prefer the magpul ctr or sl stocks. Also have a bcm, but it is my least favorite. Not a bad stock. B5 is what I'll buy next to try.

*** edited because I'm an idiot sometimes.
    Last edited by thebarracuda; 02-26-17 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    From Magpul's website. Link
    Except he was talking about the CTR...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillar67 View Post
    I didn't really come up with the name a buddy of mine referred too it that way since it was cut out in the center.
    If I were you, I would not take any advise from said buddy because it's obvious he doesn't really know what he's talking about. There's nothing worse than taking bad advise from someone who doesn't have a clue what the yare talking about.............Do yourself a favor and read the pinned topics on this forum, there's a ton of correct information from people with incredible knowledge on the AR platform.

When it comes to stocks, I personally prefer the B5 Systems BRAVO. It's priced right and has a good cheekweld, it also fits tightly on a properly sized buffer tube. I've tried most of the Magpul stocks and went back to the B5, it's just more comfortable IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    Except he was talking about the CTR...
    I posted that in regard to the A-Frame Profile.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Lets stick to facts:
    There is no magpul stock called the "A-Frame"
    Many of magpuls stock use an "A-frame" design.
    Calling it an a-frame doesn't mean you don't know anything, it means you weren't specific to an exact stock.

Everyone who reads the thread knows all this now, no reason to crash and burn a thread over a nickname.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast