Thread: Copper fouling with two specific loads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Copper fouling with two specific loads?

Mk318 and BH 70gr GMX.

The Mk318 has a copper base, and the GMX is 95% copper, so is there a copper fouling issue to the degree of the TSX (all copper) loads with either of these?

Specifically the GMX is advertised as having a 95-to-5% copper-to-gilding metal percentage. Does that 5% really make that much of a difference?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-25-17 at 19:48.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Gotcha, but I was specifically inquiring about the GMX (not TSX) and the Mk318. I have several hundred of each and was looking to expand one or the other. They are both good at barriers and also at terminal ballistics. Trying to "break the tie" so to speak by seeing which would be easier to stay on top of maintenance-wise (like not having to add in the copper removing step to barrel cleaning if applicable). Pretend that both rounds have the same cost, even though they obviously don't.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Gotcha, but I was specifically inquiring about the GMX (not TSX) and the Mk318. I have several hundred of each and was looking to expand one or the other. They are both good at barriers and also at terminal ballistics. Trying to "break the tie" so to speak by seeing which would be easier to stay on top of maintenance-wise (like not having to add in the copper removing step to barrel cleaning if applicable). Pretend that both rounds have the same cost, even though they obviously don't.
    Understood. Just offered out for comparative references on copper fouling in bullets of similar type.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    GMX sounds like typical guilding metal.
    Its not 5% guilding metal, its all guilding metal(if im reading that right) which is 95% copper, 5% zinc. Fouling should be the same as any other standard rifle bullet.

Yes 5% can make a huge difference when it comes to alloys. 0.5% makes a noticeable difference depending on the alloy.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-25-17 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    GMX sounds like typical guilding metal.
    Its not 5% guilding metal, its all guilding metal(if im reading that right) which is 95% copper, 5% zinc. Fouling should be the same as any other standard rifle bullet.

Yes 5% can make a huge difference when it comes to alloys. 0.5% makes a noticeable difference depending on the alloy.
    That is what I was looking for (hopefully an accurate statement). You just cost me more $$$.......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!